PDA

View Full Version : LimeWire sues the RIAA

BWF89
September 26th, 2006, 10:14 PM
It's about time the p2p networks fought back. You can't shut down a service simpily because people COULD be useing it to share copyrighted files. LimeWire is a program that uses the Gnutella network, it's not their job to monitor every file transaction that goes on to make sure somebody isn't useing it for illegal purposes

NewYorkCountryLawyer writes to tell us that in a recent court battle, Arista v. LimeWire, Limewire has filed counterclaims against the RIAA for 'antitrust violations, consumer fraud, and other misconduct.' From the article: "Lime Wire alleged that the RIAA's 'goal was simple: to destroy any online music distribution service they did not own or control, or force such services to do business with them on exclusive and/or other anticompetitive terms so as to limit and ultimately control the distribution and pricing of digital music, all to the detriment of consumers.'"

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/09/26/0058252.shtml

Lord Illidan
September 26th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Nice. I only hope they win.. I think the RIAA is going overboard with its legal activities.

croak77
September 26th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Way to waste money LimeWire.

zenwhen
September 26th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I would love to see them win, but there is no way they will. I won't go into the reasons why in the cafe.

Ferrat
September 26th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Nice. I only hope they win.. I think the RIAA is going overboard with its legal activities.

it's not a waste of money it draw attention to the matter even if they don't win, if everyone just roll over and die then alot of freedoms are going to get lost without even a fight, I rather see every program that ppl like this has attacked go on the counter-attack instead of just letting it go, that would make the cripple the once doing stuff like this acting like internet geschtapo and make the process of it to expensive.

BWF89
September 26th, 2006, 10:51 PM
You guys should watch Steal This Film Part 1

(Part 2 hasn't been made yet)

bobbybobington
September 26th, 2006, 10:53 PM
haha YES!