View Full Version : Invitating forums participants to Ubuntu Summit in Mountain View, November 2006

September 26th, 2006, 05:57 PM
The next Ubuntu Developer Summit is happening at the Googleplex in Mountain View, California (near San Francisco) November 5-10, 2006. We would like to extend an open invitation to everyone in the Forums who is a developer-contributor to Ubuntu to come along!

In addition, we will offer sponsorship of travel and accommodation to 4 leaders / contributors in the Forums. Ryan Troy naturally, and 3 others.

So I would like to ask the Ubuntu Forums moderators to discuss this amongst themselves and reach consensus on 3 appropriate moderators / participants to represent the Forums community at the summit. Note - it's a developer centered meeting, not a talk show, so sending people who can actually participate in development planning and also write code themselves for Edgy+1 is the best use of the offer! Also, people who can help communicate ideas from the Forums to the developers, and from the developers back into the forums, is the intention.

Once the moderators are in agreement, please send email with contact details for the 3 representatives to Claire Newman <claire.newman@canonical.com> and CC me, please!

September 26th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Mark thank you very much for this invitation to us!

In my humble opinion it's really important to get some of us "forum people" over at UDS Mountainview.

I think real progress can be made by talking to people in person regarding improving the integration and communication between the forums and the rest of the community.

Ryan I really hope that you have time to go.

September 26th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Mark, thanks for the invitation. If I'd known about it before vacation scheduling I'd totally be game :)