PDA

View Full Version : University of IL/Champaign-Urbana residents: I would like to start a LoCo Team!

drummer4lifex
September 26th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Are there any Ubuntu useres that live/goto Champaign-Urbana/University of IL?

I would like to start a LoCo team, and it would be nice if I could have some better experienced linux users. I consider myself intermediate with linux, so I'm hoping for some more advanced users. Let me know if you want to partake in the creation of this group!

LMP900
September 26th, 2006, 03:10 AM
I attend U of I but I'm no Linux expert.

I'm not even using Ubuntu right now. :-# I'm actually using Vista RC1 (Build 5600), until Edgy Eft is released.

drummer4lifex
September 26th, 2006, 05:53 AM
I attend U of I but I'm no Linux expert.

I'm not even using Ubuntu right now. :-# I'm actually using Vista RC1 (Build 5600), until Edgy Eft is released.

That's fine. I'm looking for as many people as I can find. And if there is no one as advanced as us here, then it gives us a chance to grow. BTW, I was gonna join the ACM LUG, but they only meet on Fridays at 6pm... :confused:

But I'm sure we could get help from one of those guys if we needed it.

My main goal will be to spread linux. I already have 3 of my friends wanting it. I also am hoping that we can get a decent sized group together before the release of Edgy Eft, and then get people to want it installed on their computers then. I don't want to mess with dapper anymore mainly because Edgy will have the 2.6.17 kernel with the updated wireless support (and seeing how almost everyone has a laptop, this is probably a smarter decision).

LMP900
September 28th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Anyone else here from the University of Illinois or Champaign-Urbana in general?