PDA

View Full Version : Kubuntu Edgy Eft Knot 3 looks

Castar
September 23rd, 2006, 08:27 PM
I have to admit that when I saw knot 1 images I was very disappointed.

And then I installed knot 3.

WOW!!!!

It just looks amazing! And while I believe that Kubuntu should look more like Ubuntu, I must admit it is a hell of great job!

Well done Kubuntu team!

GarethMB
September 23rd, 2006, 08:37 PM
Looks Lovely.

Rhapsody
September 23rd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Not really. It is very very similar to whem I'm using right now, except that the top/bottom colour contrast (on the window title bar and bottom panel) is stronger. I prefer the contrast I have on my current system. Of course, assuming that it's adjustable, then I can live with it.

weatherman
September 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
Not really. It is very very similar to whem I'm using right now, except that the top/bottom colour contrast (on the window title bar and bottom panel) is stronger. I prefer the contrast I have on my current system. Of course, assuming that it's adjustable, then I can live with it.
I also think that the title bar contrast is too strong. Does anybody know if this has already been pointed out to the kubuntu artwork people?

siacs
September 24th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Considering it's gone from this (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdgyEft/Knot2/Kubuntu?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=kmenu.png) [-X and changed to this (http://shots.osdir.com/slideshows/739/5.gif), it's an improvement to say the least.

awakatanka
September 24th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Nothing more then another kde distro look. The purple made it look different from the rest. The blue makes it one of the x KDE distro's

weatherman
September 24th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Nothing more then another kde distro look. The purple made it look different from the rest. The blue makes it one of the x KDE distro's

it's still quite purple actually

Demio
September 24th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Too shiny :|

teet
September 24th, 2006, 04:15 PM

I feel the same way.

-teet

sumguy231
September 24th, 2006, 04:41 PM
How can something be too shiny? ;)

nalmeth
September 24th, 2006, 05:21 PM
The purple does not look good.

I'm not all about the blue, but even the bubbles from dapper look way better.

If it was my call it'd be Green

klerfayt
September 24th, 2006, 06:04 PM
+window decoration is cute
-panel is massive (it feels so heavy and depressing)

This is not laptop battery!http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6453/en22hc9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Kateikyoushi
September 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
I do not see anything special, the taskbar should be changed for sure, I prefer the gnome ubuntu theme and I do not even like brown...

Castar
September 26th, 2006, 12:11 AM
The purple does not look good.

I'm not all about the blue, but even the bubbles from dapper look way better.

If it was my call it'd be Green

You have to be joking right? The bubbles-wallpaper is definitely the worst I've seen!

It is not so different from the Ubuntu theme and its shiny feel. Just a different colour. ;)

nalmeth
September 26th, 2006, 12:18 AM
You have to be joking right? The bubbles-wallpaper is definitely the worst I've seen!
I sort of agree, I should have captialized EVEN

At least it looks sort of neutral or benign, the purple and the contrast from kubuntu edgy is far too much.

Purple is not neutral. Then again, Green isn't really either, but I'm a green lover.

I've always thought that if Ubuntu wanted earthy colors, they should push REAL earthy colors. Brown, Blue and Green. Done right it could look fantastic

BOBSONATOR
September 26th, 2006, 12:32 AM
Its not my thing, cause i despise KDE.

Castar
September 26th, 2006, 12:39 AM
I sort of agree, I should have captialized EVEN

At least it looks sort of neutral or benign, the purple and the contrast from kubuntu edgy is far too much.

Purple is not neutral. Then again, Green isn't really either, but I'm a green lover.

I've always thought that if Ubuntu wanted earthy colors, they should push REAL earthy colors. Brown, Blue and Green. Done right it could look fantastic

Sorry, I read your comment quickly :)

You are right. I think they should put a colour combination similar to the human theme. But that would need changing the icons too, so it's a lot of work...

That sounds a bit biased, don't you think? ;)

mips
September 26th, 2006, 01:07 PM

You are already biased so why reply ? If you were just going to comment on the colour scheme then fine.