PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360

ahaslam
September 23rd, 2006, 12:23 AM
Has anyone here bought one?

I got one because the old xbox was great & my laptop isn't fast enough to play games.

I now wish that I saved up for a decent PC.

Every game that I've owned for it has crashed the console in some random way. The customer service is rubbish - dumb people reading from a chart - if your problem isn't on it they get very confused.

I can't wait for Free60 to progress, maybe the console will be more stable ;)

Latest crash (where's the car):

Tony.

jISh
September 23rd, 2006, 03:43 AM
I have one, barely play it. Sure it'd be awesome fun to have a wireless steering wheel playing Forza 2 and video chat, but it's just not worth the money anymore. Think I'll sell mine.

BWF89
September 23rd, 2006, 04:15 AM
If I wansn't planning on getting a Wii Xbox360 would be my 2nd choice for a console.

Mihkal
September 23rd, 2006, 06:12 AM
I have one, but only because I got it for free.

There aren't any "next-gen" games for it, other than oblivion.
Coincidentally that is the only game I own for it.

I just haven't found any games for it since that I could care
enough to spend $60 on.

D10
September 25th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I have had one since May of 06. Have about 6 games, but really only play Obilvion on it. I hadn't touched it for about a month turned it on the other day and my hard drive died.:frown:

I like it alright I just hope when I get the new HD it lasts a little longer than 2-3 months.

BOBSONATOR
September 26th, 2006, 12:38 AM
I want to see it run linux.

Rhapsody
September 26th, 2006, 01:07 AM
I've thought about getting an Xbox 360 myself, but I've realized I've started playing games less and less these days, and most of what's on the Xbox 360 is the same stuff I'm not playing now. So how can I justify such a purchase? The low price and innovative bent of the Wii seems to have come at just the right time for me.

xXx 0wn3d xXx
September 26th, 2006, 02:17 AM
Has anyone here bought one?

I got one because the old xbox was great & my laptop isn't fast enough to play games.

I now wish that I saved up for a decent PC.

Every game that I've owned for it has crashed the console in some random way. The customer service is rubbish - dumb people reading from a chart - if your problem isn't on it they get very confused.

I can't wait for Free60 to progress, maybe the console will be more stable ;)

Latest crash (where's the car):

Tony.
I'm not getting one. I considered it but I decided not too. I mainly spend my time playing/hacking the Sony PSP. The origional Xbox was fun but it didn't have that many games and it wasn't that powerful. I am not getting a 360, Wii, or PS3, mainly because I believe they are all horrible. Plus, I really don't play that many games. :-|

ahaslam
September 26th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I want to see it run linux.

So do I - I wouldn't have to upgrade my computer then ;)

If free60 keep making progress this may be a reality. I've no idea how long this would take, but they started soon after release & have posted a lot of info on their site.