PDA

View Full Version : help me with my new website!!

visualfox
September 22nd, 2006, 03:29 PM
Hi guys,
I want to design my new website,
it will have a forum and irc client.
i want to help me to create my welcome page ,the first page befor get in.
i want to be impressive,i don't know what i must put it on...images-java applet-script...
could you help me?tell me a website with accessories-banners-images-graphics for websites....

thanks!!!

Brunellus
September 22nd, 2006, 04:02 PM
I'm moving this out of Forum Discussions and to the Cafe.

_simon_
September 22nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
For your forum I can highly recommend SMF (www.simplemachines.org) it's free software and from experience is far better than other free forum software currently available.

Tomosaur
September 22nd, 2006, 04:08 PM
I think you may be a little out of your depth here. Creating a simple web-site is simple with WYSIWYG editors like NVU. However, once you start talking about dynamic stuff - a forum, irc chat etc, you're getting into a lot more technical stuff. The page itself will be written in HTML, although there are drag and drop editors which will allow you to design your page visually and it will create the HTML code for you. Java-Applets are embedded into your web-page, they are not coded directly into it. Javascript is not Java, it is mainly used for adding dynamic elements such as drop down menus and fancy rollover effects to your pages. Javascript can be coded right into your web page.