PDA

View Full Version : need roll your own electronica info

fuscia
September 22nd, 2006, 01:53 AM
i'm looking to make some of that chillout ambient electronica stuff (that mrs. fuscia keeps insisting isn't any different from disco:rolleyes: ). i'm a music teacher and musician, but my exposure to electric anything is using a mic for drunken karaoke. i've used hydrogen, a little, and audacity, but i'm not sure what else there is. hook me, mofos!

Albi
September 22nd, 2006, 02:21 AM
FLstudio is a decent program for some quick techno, but i'm not sure how well it will run on linux

Albi
September 22nd, 2006, 02:23 AM
I found this:
http://www.rosegardenmusic.com/

and this
http://ardour.org/

GuitarHero
September 22nd, 2006, 03:45 AM
No linux sound programs compare to windows/mac ones, its sad. FLstudio is great but it probably wont run in linux.

Brunellus
September 22nd, 2006, 05:27 AM
suddenly I have a track stuck in my head, inspired by recent events

(to the tune of Haddaway: What is love)

WHERE IS X? BABY DON'T HURT ME....DON'T HURT ME....NO MORE.

**synth**

fuscia
September 23rd, 2006, 12:04 PM
thanks for the answers.

TravisNewman
September 23rd, 2006, 04:44 PM
Well Mrs. Fuscia is wrong :) It's not the same as disco.

fuscia
September 23rd, 2006, 04:59 PM
Well Mrs. Fuscia is wrong :) It's not the same as disco.

i agree. it's like comparing chocolate to dog mess.

PatrickMay16
September 23rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Another person in the thread mentioned Rosegarden, and I'm going to say that it is indeed very good. I use it a lot. It's also in the ubuntu repositories.

raublekick
September 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM
it's really just a matter of getting samples and being able to manipulate them / arrange them how you like.

Reason 2.5 for OSX/Windows does this very well, but there is nothing that compares in Linux. In Reason you basically use a hardware rack in software form and twiddle knobs with your mouse. But you can do all of this in a tracking program if you know what you are doing.