PDA

View Full Version : Just began a project on sourceforge....

orlox
September 21st, 2006, 08:40 PM
Hi, I just began my first project on sourceforge. The software I'm intending to build is a text preproccessor that uses xml. I just made the home page for the project (kika.sourceforge.net), and, although it's just a miserable web site with two pages, I included a pdf that describes the idea of the project.

I'm looking for some feedback, so if anyone could check it out, and bring out opinions, doubts critics, info on similar products, etc... Id be pleased:D ...

DoctorMO
September 21st, 2006, 09:06 PM
how long did you wait for your source forge space? I've tried setting up a new project myself but I can't seem to get a response from them.

orlox
September 21st, 2006, 09:20 PM
The project took like 5 days in being aproved

xXx 0wn3d xXx
September 21st, 2006, 09:21 PM
Hi, I just began my first project on sourceforge. The software I'm intending to build is a text preproccessor that uses xml. I just made the home page for the project (kika.sourceforge.net), and, although it's just a miserable web site with two pages, I included a pdf that describes the idea of the project.

I'm looking for some feedback, so if anyone could check it out, and bring out opinions, doubts critics, info on similar products, etc... Id be pleased:D ...

Awesome. It's always nice to see a new project. I wish you luck. Back into the shadows I go....

DoctorMO
September 21st, 2006, 09:24 PM
Ah turns out I was aproved, just never seem to get the letter. eheh

Ah well chocks away on my project too (http://dohickey.sourceforge.com)

GStubbs43
September 21st, 2006, 09:28 PM
DocterMO, your's doesn't work. :)

Tomosaur
September 21st, 2006, 09:29 PM
@DoctorMO - that link is incorrect, and I can't access dohickey.sourceforge.net either.

swanky
September 21st, 2006, 09:33 PM
Hi

Hummm. I was wondering what you think a use for the prgram would be?

Rich

saracen
September 21st, 2006, 09:45 PM
Check out http://code.google.com/hosting/ It's a lot easier to set up projects there. I find the servers to be a lot more responsive and the site layout to be better as well.

orlox
September 22nd, 2006, 02:40 AM
Hummm. I was wondering what you think a use for the prgram would be?

The idea is to simplify some typing. Like the insertion of tables and environments on latex, modifying text files that contain datasets, and that sort of things...Im pretending to include somo more examples and a clearer explanation on the project soon...

enopepsoo
September 22nd, 2006, 03:11 AM
Looks like a cool project.

Have you started the coding process?

Aren't there already tonnes of xml preprocessors out there?:confused:

orlox
September 22nd, 2006, 03:26 AM
Im just on a planning stage right now, but eager to start coding. I'm still in doubt on what language to use. I handle myself on java, but the size of the program doesnt justify java. Maybe I'll do it on C++, python, or perl....

Also, the program is not meant to be an xml preprocessor. It uses xml to define what to proccess from a plain text file of any kind.

Ahhh, and that remembers me...I also need to find a library or something to use to handle xml, so any reccomendations on that would be nice....

orlox
September 22nd, 2006, 03:54 AM
aaaa, here's the link to the sourceforge page of the project: https://sourceforge.net/projects/kika/ ....It doesn't have much yet though...