PDA

View Full Version : Mahjongg scores

agl
September 21st, 2006, 04:56 PM
I know this carries the "nerd"-stigma.

My girlfriend and I have a competition playing mahjongg. (The one that comes with ubuntu.) Right now I have the fastest score 2 min 34 sek on "Easy" and 2 min 37 on "Red Dragon".

I wanted to know if we are fast or we are way behind... It sucks being good at something and not knowing it... and the other way around.

How are your scores?

Agl.

Brunellus
September 21st, 2006, 05:05 PM
I totally didn't understand this post until I realized you were talking about a Shanghai clone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_solitaire), and not a proper game of Mahjong (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahjong).

My grandparents would spend hours at their mahjong table with the neighbors. 2 minutes wouldn't even cover dealing the tiles.

My grandmother came to live with us in the US, eventually, and was pleased to hear that the local senior citizens' center had mahjong games. She played once, and didn't play again--"American" mahjong being very different from the game she knew, and the locals being a little less than willing to learn when she offered to teach them.....

angelk2423
January 15th, 2008, 04:55 AM
Hi, my husband and I were wondering what the best score was so we came to this sight to see what other had for scores. You all have done very well. Last night my score reached 2 m 28s.I must tell you that it takes sometimes days to top my score again so hang in there.:)

alwiap
January 15th, 2008, 05:01 AM
wow, i thought I was fast at 4:00 :)

BLTicklemonster
January 15th, 2008, 05:11 AM
2m59s on difficult.

I've done better, but I've reinstalled since then, so I lost my scores.

That's my thing to do while ubuntu installs is sit and play mahjongg :)

Or if I'm just bored sitting here and want something to do.

Hey, you ever have to shuffle, then bam, it says no tiles, and you gotta shuffle again without even taking a turn? Brutal. Down right Brutal, I say.

NovaAesa
January 15th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I have trouble even getting through without shuffling (and *real* majong players don't shuffle, they just start again until they pair the tiles in the right order).

BLTicklemonster
January 15th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Show off.

I've gotten better as I play, and don't have to shuffle as much as I used to at all.

Just got 2m25s on difficult. woot woot

_angel__
January 15th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I love this game.:)
My best score is 1m 54s on Confounding Cross, 2m 5s on difficult.

patang
February 25th, 2008, 11:26 AM
My wife got 1:48 on Difficult...
cheers
Sid

DarkReverend
March 13th, 2008, 12:18 AM
My best score is 0m, 0s. This is actually a problem I inflicted upon myself using putty and X-win32 to test playing from my laptop. It worked great, but now all the high scores for Difficult are 0m 0s.

Is there a way to reset them? I can't find the file they're stored in to do it manually

my ACTUAL best is 2.48

DarkReverend
March 24th, 2008, 01:58 AM
My best score is 0m, 0s. This is actually a problem I inflicted upon myself using putty and X-win32 to test playing from my laptop. It worked great, but now all the high scores for Difficult are 0m 0s.

Is there a way to reset them? I can't find the file they're stored in to do it manually

my ACTUAL best is 2.48

Answer found, reporting for others: /var/games

jpspeicher
June 30th, 2008, 10:56 PM
My top ten scores run from 1m 32s to 1m 38s. Are we talking about the same Mah Jongg for Windows or is there some other kind of more difficult game I should be aware of?

Sharpeee
September 17th, 2008, 05:18 PM
My top ten scores ranges from 1m 31s to 1m 52s on difficult, but that's after a couple of reinstalls. Wish I had my old highscore!

whazooo
October 8th, 2008, 12:16 AM
dang you guys are good..
heres mine

Sharpeee
November 12th, 2008, 05:51 AM
I've been playing this game WAAAY to much the last couple of month, so I've really gotten my times down. This is my current top ten:

http://www.student.dtu.dk/~s061811/mahjongg.png

I have no clue how I did the 1m 11s time. It just went soo fast!

oceanvoyager
May 31st, 2010, 04:49 PM
I love this game! I play often, it's addictive. I have only played the difficult layout and haven't got much experience with the others.

My top ten times range from 1m 43s to 2m 4 sec. Usually I hit in the high 2m range, but occasionally things will really click and game after game will finish fast. Those times seems to be independent of coffee or time of day, or how alert or how tired i feel; wondering why?

Poser55
January 5th, 2011, 05:59 PM
1. Bring up a terminal window
2. cd /var/games
3. sudo nano mahjongg.easy.scores (enter the root password when it asks)
4. delete the lines you don't want
5. ^x
6. y
7. enter
8. Repeat for any of the other layouts you want to erase

DougieFresh4U
January 5th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I love Mahjong
I had purchased 'Mahjong Medley' about 5 years ago from Gamehouse Games for my Windows install and it worked with wine for a couple of years. But for the last 2 years it's been a no-go with wine. I did try to seek help but was not able to get it going :-x

**off to try install via wine again**

totalmachine
September 20th, 2011, 01:23 AM
My best result in Mahjong -> Confounding cross is 0:59 min.

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7677/mahjong.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/37/mahjong.png/)