PDA

View Full Version : how to use/view sun-java5-source??

junmin
September 20th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Hi all,

i have installed the sun-java5-source (src.zip) package, but how can i use/view it? thanks

amo-ej1
September 21st, 2006, 09:27 AM
i believe it is mainly used by IDE's like eclipse and/or netbeans for autocompletion and debugging purposes.

junmin
September 21st, 2006, 07:59 PM
i believe it is mainly used by IDE's like eclipse and/or netbeans for autocompletion and debugging purposes.

oh, but can i view them opening them like a docuement??
cause the professer ask me to use gedit/textpad to write programs, can not use eclipse.

Tomosaur
September 21st, 2006, 08:09 PM
You should just be able to unzip the file and then go through the files yourself using the text editor of your choice.

Blacktalon
September 21st, 2006, 08:13 PM
Not quite sure what are you are asking, but you can view the source code in any text editor, and modify it. Just as long as its saved as a .java file, and don't forget to complie it by doing javac <filename>.java, and run it with java <filenmae> (no .java for running it). And all this need to be done inside the same directory as the program, or if you have it set up as a package like at the top of your program with package 'p1/fractal' then you would need to do all the complieing and running in the directory above P1 or whatever it is.

Hope this helps, if not then please provide some more iformation, so it can be easier to help ya

:cool:

~BT