PDA

View Full Version : Xgl Usability Research?

mech7
September 19th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Does anybody know any sites or sources where there has been done research to usability / interactivity experience with XGL?

Besides: http://www.betterdesktop.org unsure.gif

Brunellus
September 19th, 2006, 06:45 PM
I tremble greatly whenever "usability" is invoked.

mech7
September 19th, 2006, 09:21 PM
:confused: Well that was usefull :confused:

John.Michael.Kane
September 19th, 2006, 09:41 PM
mech7 alot of issues,and problems can arise from the tearm "usabillity". You have to remember that with any desktop "usabillity" is a single person perspective.

What might seem useful,and easy for one user the next user may see it as hard not intuitive enough.

Brunellus
September 19th, 2006, 09:44 PM
mech7 alot of issues,and problems can arise from the tearm "usabillity". You have to remember that with any desktop "usabillity" is a single person perspective.

What might seem useful,and easy for one user the next user may see it as hard not intuitive enough.
In fairness, I don't mean to knock the hard work of usability researchers.

But often I find that "usable" systems....well...don't suit me. Perhaps it's because I'm incorrigible, and I like things a certain way. But there's a certain 'usability nazi' aesthetic (sadly, a stereotypical GNOME problem) that can be irksome.

John.Michael.Kane
September 19th, 2006, 10:03 PM
@Brunellus
I know your not one to knock anyones hard work,and your point is taken.

If what i said was wrong then i apologize to the OP.

Personally i have always looked at usability as a single person perspective.I find it hard to see what works for one working for all user's all the time.

Though they do setup business environment computers with all the same features. I guess that's one area where the same for all could work.