PDA

View Full Version : lilo is dead

majikstreet
September 18th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, lilo from freenode, Rob Levin, is dead.

On the 12th September Rob Levin, known to many as Freenode's lilo, was hit by a car while riding his bike. He suffered head injuries and was in a coma. Rob was being treated at the Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit at a local hospital in Houston, Texas where he passed away on Sept 16th.

http://freenode.net/news.shtml

This is too sad...

majikstreet (I don't really post here anymore, but since no one had posted this here......)

henriquemaia
September 18th, 2006, 09:10 PM
This is a sad thing to know. Rest in peace, lilo.

mips
September 18th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Really sad.

Motorists are one reason I won't ride any two wheeled thing on the road, you are just to vulnerable.

TravisNewman
September 19th, 2006, 02:28 AM
oh man, I just talked to him like 3 days ago

Protostar
September 19th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Really sad.

Motorists are one reason I won't ride any two wheeled thing on the road, you are just to vulnerable.

Yeah seriously. I know bikers are supposed to have the same rights as a car on the road, but with all the distractions drivers have (cell phones, radio, kids) I wouldn't take my chances. Those who ride bikes in traffic are brave souls.

henriquemaia
September 19th, 2006, 03:54 AM
Yeah seriously. I know bikers are supposed to have the same rights as a car on the road, but with all the distractions drivers have (cell phones, radio, kids) I wouldn't take my chances. Those who ride bikes in traffic are brave souls.

Since this thread is about the death of a person, we should try to keep it on-topic as much as possible.

Protostar
September 19th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Since this thread is about the death of a person, we should try to keep it on-topic as much as possible.

Sorry about that. Apologies.:oops:

mips
September 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM

Well it does have to do with the way in which he died.

henriquemaia
September 19th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Well it does have to do with the way in which he died.

I think you understood my point. Maybe on a different thread that would be a very interesting topic to discuss. Please, don't get me wrong.

DoctorMO
September 19th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Poor chap, heres a cup of tea to you lilo, we had exchanges of text at times. I ride a bike and I just hope cars get banned! very selfish people who drive cars all the time.