PDA

View Full Version : Forums under attack

marianom
September 15th, 2006, 04:36 PM
These last 2 days I started to notice a lot of "spam" (don't know if the word applies) in the forums, exclusively in the General Support forum.

Is it possible that we're under attack right now or it's a normal thing and the proverbial admins speed to jail this forums prevented me from noticing it earlier?

matthew
September 15th, 2006, 04:40 PM
We work to jail them as soon as we notice, but it kind of comes in waves. We might not see much for a week or so and then we get a ton in one or two days. It generally helps us deal with things faster if people use the "report post" button (it looks like a little red stop sign) and tell us when you see spam or other bad posts.

DirtDawg
September 15th, 2006, 05:27 PM
We work to jail them as soon as we notice, but it kind of comes in waves. We might not see much for a week or so and then we get a ton in one or two days. It generally helps us deal with things faster if people use the "report post" button (it looks like a little red stop sign) and tell us when you see spam or other bad posts.

Does placing junk in the Jail eat up server space? Why not delete them? Or are they deleted after 'X' period of time?

Just curious.

marianom
September 15th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the tip about the red sign. I was not aware of it. I'll look to help using it in the future.

matthew
September 15th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Does placing junk in the Jail eat up server space? Why not delete them? Or are they deleted after 'X' period of time?

Just curious.It all stays on the server indefinitely. Really, the text of a message, even a long one, doesn't take up much space and the accountability of having it there is worthwhile.

Thanks for the tip about the red sign. I was not aware of it. I'll look to help using it in the future.Thank you.

Klaidas
September 15th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I remember sometime I never noticed spam here. Nowadays, I click the "Report post" icon daily :|