PDA

View Full Version : Wii Announcements

GuitarHero
September 15th, 2006, 01:49 AM
There was a ton of info released about the Nintendo Wii today. If you havnt seen it check out gonintendo.com. I like the $250 price tag with game pack-in. 60 bucks for a remote and attatchment is a little steep though.

Polygon
September 15th, 2006, 02:31 AM
thats only in japan at the moment... maybe they will adjust prices when they see the reaction of people buying it.

60 dollars for a controller IS steep.... i hope they lower it.. like a lot

BWF89
September 15th, 2006, 02:42 AM
I heard their going to charge $5 for an NES game and $10 for an N64 games through Wii's emulator service.

I've been able to download every NES game and play them through emulators on both my Dreamcast and my PC for years now, why would I be suckered into paying $5 for a game released 15 years ago and takes up less than half a megabyte.

croak77
September 15th, 2006, 02:50 AM
why would I be suckered into paying $5 for a game released 15 years ago and takes up less than half a megabyte.

Cause this way will be legal.

It's kinda strange that they will be launching in North America before Japan.

GuitarHero
September 15th, 2006, 02:54 AM
thats only in japan at the moment... maybe they will adjust prices when they see the reaction of people buying it.

60 dollars for a controller IS steep.... i hope they lower it.. like a lot

No there was a conference in new york this morning. The japanese one was last night (EST).

slimdog360
September 15th, 2006, 03:34 AM
I think its $60 for both the controller and the nunchucku attachment. But they can be bought seperatly. I still agree though, it is a steep price.
But you North Americans get a free game with it which is cool. Australia will probably have to wait another six months and get it at an inflated price, without the game.
$250 US == $330 AU

So Im guessing we will get it around March-April next year at $400. Mark my words.

Brunellus
September 15th, 2006, 04:12 AM
The $250 price point is interesting to me. The super-deluxe NES bundle--including the groovy robot-thingie!--cost $250 dollars in 1986. The Wii will cost $250 in 2006.

For those of you who were keeping score with inflation and the consumer price index, $250 dollars in 1986 would be $ 428.25 in 2005 (last full year of data). Yes, folks: Nintendo's console costs LESS, in real terms, than the original Nintendo console.

Quite a feat! The other price points are either equivalent (Xbox360) or even MORE expensive (PS3), both nominally and in real (inflation-adjusted) terms.

GuitarHero
September 15th, 2006, 04:20 AM
Im excited for it. Zelda looks amazing, and wii sports looks like a lot of fun. Red Steel looks like a nice twist on the traditional fps.

slimdog360
September 15th, 2006, 12:50 PM
I think its $60 for both the controller and the nunchucku attachment. But they can be bought seperatly. I still agree though, it is a steep price.
But you North Americans get a free game with it which is cool. Australia will probably have to wait another six months and get it at an inflated price, without the game.
$250 US == $330 AU

So Im guessing we will get it around March-April next year at $400. Mark my words.

whoops, I guess Im wrong. I just found out that Australia gets the Wii on the 7th of December with wiisports. Yay.

3rdalbum
September 15th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Who cares when the Wii is released, just as long as someone gets a Bash prompt going on it! :-)

Nah but seriously, the Wii will put Nintendo back on the console radar. There are a LOT of people who really want one, and at that price point probably all of those people will get one! I would buy one too if games weren't so expensive, and I *will* buy one if it can be easily converted to run a Linux desktop.

Sushi
September 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM
why would I be suckered into paying $5 for a game released 15 years ago and takes up less than half a megabyte.

What does the size of the game have to do with it's pricing? Or are you saying that more kilobytes the game consumes, the more expensive it should be?

Why would you be "suckered" in to paying five bucks for those games? Oh, I dunno... Because they might actually be FUN?

slimdog360
September 15th, 2006, 03:20 PM
What does the size of the game have to do with it's pricing? Or are you saying that more kilobytes the game consumes, the more expensive it should be?

Why would you be "suckered" in to paying five bucks for those games? Oh, I dunno... Because they might actually be FUN?

zelda, chrono trigger etc. = coolness. nuff said.

Kateikyoushi
September 15th, 2006, 04:01 PM
At that price I am sure we will buy one.
Want to play some creative, weird multiplayer games with that controller.
Game prices do not really concern me, usually buy used ones and sell them when we finish it or get bored with it.

Still I am looking forward to the PS3 and the linux on it.