PDA

View Full Version : Rate this guys guitar playing

plb
September 11th, 2006, 02:13 AM
I'm sure some of you have already seen this but I think its rather sensational...what do you guys think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8

maniacmusician
September 11th, 2006, 02:28 AM
he was decent...for his age? fabulous. he looked like he was 14.

it would probably take me at least to get that down, if i memorized it. reading it off of a sheet (like i think he was doing) would take me longer. memorizing stuff is easier, i guess. but even then, that solo in the 4th minute was a doozy.

I have a friend though, who would play the pants off of him, me and pretty much anyone else. this kid is gifted....and i just converted him to linux lol. but yeah. he's great. thanks for the video. I hadnt seen that, i usually don't frequent youtube.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZTziYivOLA&NR this guy's style is a lot harder to copy. i never could for the life of me get stuff like that down. but i love music like that. Kaki king plays similar stuff, she's amazingly talented as well

GuitarHero
September 11th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Video didnt load for me....

That second video was impressive, but I hate Kaki King.

maniacmusician
September 11th, 2006, 02:43 AM
lol to each his own, i guess. i liked her first album better because it was more unpolished. ever since she got more famous, she's been a little glossed over with more makeup, being better dressed, and a more engineered album.

are you using firefox? it didnt work so well for me in opera but firefox was fine.

GuitarHero
September 11th, 2006, 02:46 AM
yep im usin firefox

maniacmusician
September 11th, 2006, 02:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT1mr7E-Fms and this guy is playing the same song.

maniacmusician
September 11th, 2006, 02:47 AM
yep im usin firefox
oh. is it just this video or all of youtube? because i just watched like 7 of them.

plb
September 11th, 2006, 02:48 AM
you need flash if you don't have it.

GuitarHero
September 11th, 2006, 02:50 AM
Just the one song

maniacmusician
September 11th, 2006, 02:52 AM
thats odd...i guess you miss out. you can check out the second link i posted, it's fairly similar. I like the first guy better though. though i got the impression the second guy was just kinda not concentrating and was a better player in general.

nice avatar btw.

TravisNewman
September 11th, 2006, 02:54 AM
I seriously don't think he's playing that. I think he's playing ALONG with it, but seriously, there are a few places where it's obvious he isn't playing that.

That second video is awesome, sounds a lot like Ani Difranco's style with a little bit of Buckethead thrown in the mix ;)

but I still can't get the first one to load.

GuitarHero
September 11th, 2006, 02:55 AM
The second guy worked so at least i saw the song. I guess its technically good but its not my style of guitar playing ha. I might be the only guitarist ever that hates the sound of sweeping, call me weird, whatever.

raublekick
September 11th, 2006, 02:56 AM
youtube is just finnicky sometimes. it won't load for me right now either. although i haven't watched the video, i'd be willing to bet that it's yet another kid who can play something really awesome, but couldn't write-a-decent-tune his way out of a paper bag.

maniacmusician
September 11th, 2006, 02:57 AM
=-O really?? i wasnt watching it most of the time so i mustve missed it lol. just listening. wow. ripoffs. i kinda wanna learn how to play that. and if you cant get the first one to roll, scroll down on the right hand side where there are related videos....it shows up a couple of times. There's "Canon in D" by freakfred or osmething, and another one at the bottom..

maniacmusician
September 11th, 2006, 02:58 AM
youtube is just finnicky sometimes. it won't load for me right now either. although i haven't watched the video, i'd be willing to bet that it's yet another kid who can play something really awesome, but couldn't write-a-decent-tune his way out of a paper bag.
haha probably. though i'm having a little trouble writing at the moment too. probably cuz our band broke up lmao. tough road, it is

plb
September 11th, 2006, 03:14 AM
Any of you guys watch rockstar?

plb
September 11th, 2006, 03:15 AM
Here is another version.........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=olEz4LUgJDA&mode=related&search=