PDA

View Full Version : Your first mouse?

_simon_
September 8th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Was looking at the first russian mice via digg and it reminded me of my old amiga 500 one.

This is the first mouse I ever used:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b96/snewberry1980/amigamouse1.jpg

What did yours look like?

Link to russian ones: http://englishrussia.com/?p=270#more-270

I guess some of you won't be old enough to remember what mice used to look like!

argie
September 8th, 2006, 05:45 PM
I jumped from no mouse PC to logitech 3 button mouse. Don't have a photo though.

bigken
September 8th, 2006, 05:48 PM
my 1st mouse big ears sharp teeth red eyes and a long tail :lol:

kostkon
September 8th, 2006, 06:11 PM
My first mouse was the Microsoft Mouse 2.0 which was connecting through the serial port.

Brunellus
September 8th, 2006, 06:23 PM
My first mouse was the Microsoft Mouse 2.0 which was connecting through the serial port.
yeah, that's mine, too.

bigken
September 8th, 2006, 09:58 PM
sorry for being flippent it was a amiga mouse cant even remember what it looked like my 1st pc was a amiga 1200 and if I remember rightly I had to buy the mouse as an extra for about £15 :-k

NMUrugbysteve
September 8th, 2006, 11:17 PM
My first mouse was one of the old school logitech trackballs, it was shaped like a hand giving the ok symbol. People were always so amazed that my mouse had three buttons and you didn't move it around the desk.

Rhapsody
September 9th, 2006, 12:07 AM
My first mouse was a fairly generic thing. Two buttons, a wire, and a mouse ball.

One mouse I can remember quite well is a Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical. Quite a nice thing, but it required 2 AA batteries and didn't work under Windows XP.

After that I had a quite decent Microsoft Mouse that I eventually broke in a fit of rage (bent the left mouse button far enough up that it was unusable). After a while trying various different ones that didn't quite work, I got my current mouse.

The Logitech MX1000:

http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2006/36657-mx1000.jpeg

It's a pretty neat thing. A little heavy, and it doesn't work completely under Linux, but it's certainly something I can live with. Though I will admit that the Logitech G7 certainly looks tempting...

grte
September 9th, 2006, 05:37 AM
It's a pretty neat thing. A little heavy, and it doesn't work completely under Linux, but it's certainly something I can live with. Though I will admit that the Logitech G7 certainly looks tempting...

It's very nice. Having two seperate, removable batteries that charge in the reciever means the mouse never has down time. However, it also doesn't work completely in Linux, meaning that it has all basic mouse features, but the extra buttons don't do anything.

I'm sure they could be made to do things, but I haven't bothered trying just yet.

Rhapsody
September 9th, 2006, 02:46 PM
It's very nice. Having two seperate, removable batteries that charge in the reciever means the mouse never has down time. However, it also doesn't work completely in Linux, meaning that it has all basic mouse features, but the extra buttons don't do anything.

I'm sure they could be made to do things, but I haven't bothered trying just yet.
Well it's pretty much the same with the MX1000. Tilting the wheel to the side does nothing, the 'Cruise Control' rocker works under Firefox but has rather strange effects under Konqeuror (other apps not tested), the forward thumb control does various different things depending on what you do with it, and the rest of the thumb controls also do nothing.

Nonetheless, it does work quite reasonably as a normal mouse, and that's usually good enough.

insane_alien
September 9th, 2006, 03:23 PM
my first ever mouse was white, liked to run around alot and squeaked a lot. it was called breadcrumb because it liked breadcrumbs.

my first computer mouse though was a wired PS/2 mouse with a ball in it. it had two buttons and a wheelbutton.

my current mouse is an optical wired PS/2 mouse with 4 buttons and a wheel button.

mips
September 9th, 2006, 03:38 PM
sorry for being flippent it was a amiga mouse cant even remember what it looked like my 1st pc was a amiga 1200 and if I remember rightly I had to buy the mouse as an extra for about £15 :-k

The mouse was always packaged with the computer, maybe you got ripped off.

bigken
September 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM
The mouse was always packaged with the computer, maybe you got ripped off.

probablys I bought it from from a catalouge company :redface: the whole thing cost £450 what a time I had with it lol swapping floppies didnt have a hdd playing things like monkey island 1 2 & 3 and beneath a steel sky

mips
September 9th, 2006, 06:08 PM
This is the first mouse I ever used:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b96/snewberry1980/amigamouse1.jpg

Same here !

atrus123
September 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
My first mouse was a 3 button mouse in, I think, DOS 5. I could never figure out what the point was of the second and third buttons.

bstock
October 2nd, 2006, 01:35 AM
I started off with an old IBM mouse running on a 386 DX processor. I built it with parts that an uncle gave me. Ran that thing out of my dresser drawer, cuz I didn't have a case for it. Heh, I ran this thing about.. oh, 12 years ago, when I was only 10 and it was the best computer ever!!

Heh, the only thing I had running on that was DOS, QBasic, and Nibbles!!

http://www.bradleystock.com/files/public/images/ibmmouse.jpg
P.S. Mine wasn't wireless....