PDA

View Full Version : Linspire Founder on Linux, iPod

MetalMusicAddict
September 7th, 2006, 04:19 AM
HERES (http://www.redherring.com/article.aspx?a=18352) an interesting article with a interview with Michael Robertson.

This was funny:

Q: You are not afraid to mix it up with the music industry. Do you expect any more legal tussles with them or do you think you’ve got a solution that’s going to help you avoid a replay of that?
A: Well, it should be noted that I have tangled with the music industry and I lost…

Q: Yes.
A: I think that I shouldn’t sugarcoat that; I lost…

With music he basically thinks the future is storing your music online so any device can access from anywhere with a open API.

I personally dont know about this.

Polygon
September 7th, 2006, 06:37 AM
the storing music anywhere would be pretty cool, but then there would have to be major advances in like internet speed and having wifi hotspots anywhere you go.

and i also agree that the zune is going to be a disaster. not only is microsoft going up against apple, they are going up against their own partners that helped them create stuff like windows media player in the first place, now microsoft is competing against them. not good for relations.

prizrak
September 7th, 2006, 02:26 PM
the storing music anywhere would be pretty cool, but then there would have to be major advances in like internet speed and having wifi hotspots anywhere you go.

and i also agree that the zune is going to be a disaster. not only is microsoft going up against apple, they are going up against their own partners that helped them create stuff like windows media player in the first place, now microsoft is competing against them. not good for relations.

I don't think what he is talking about precludes you from throwing mp3's onto your pocket mp3 player. As far as broadband goes just about anywhere there are cell towers there are 3G networks and it's not all that bandwidth consuming to throw an mp3 over that. It's basically DSL speed.