PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my profile picture show?

timka1
September 5th, 2006, 12:50 PM
When I go into the "User CP" option (above) I can set up a picture and save changes but it doesn't show when I make a post.

Am I missing out an essential step or does it take a while to kick in?

EDIT: Now working because it is Avatar that shows on posts not Profile Picture...

monktbd
September 5th, 2006, 12:57 PM
it shows in this thread.

i think the forum software chaches the various threads and does not regenerate them completly each time. thats why your sig maybe doesnt show immediately in every post.

whizbaby
September 5th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Really? Can you see a picture next to timka1 in this thread ? I can't!

slimdog360
September 5th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I cant see it, though you might be setting the wrong picture. There is a profile picture and an avatar, at least I think thats what they are called. You may have set the wrong one.

timka1
September 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM
I have set my profile picture and signature. Signature is now showing but picture isn't.

Should I be setting avatar instead?

EDIT: Yes the Avatar is the Answer! Not sure when profile picture is relevant...

monktbd
September 5th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Really? Can you see a picture next to timka1 in this thread ? I can't!

yeah i was referring to the sig itself because i could not see it in another of his posts but i could in the one in this thread.

whizbaby
September 5th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Now I can see it,too.

randell6564
September 7th, 2006, 12:50 AM
When I go into the "User CP" option (above) I can set up a picture and save changes but it doesn't show when I make a post.

Am I missing out an essential step or does it take a while to kick in?

EDIT: Now working because it is Avatar that shows on posts not Profile Picture...

HI timka1!! Your picture shows PEEErfectly! 'BURP' (you are the poster-child for 'Beer Goggles'!) LOL!