PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my forum user name?

lwr
September 4th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Is there a way to change my forum user name? I guess not, but my user name is pretty boring right? It's just my initials. I could create a new user, but it'd be nicer if I didn't have to.
Thanks

Anonii
September 4th, 2006, 11:07 AM
Is there a way to change my forum user name? I guess not, but my user name is pretty boring right? It's just my initials. I could create a new user, but it'd be nicer if I didn't have to.
Thanks
No, you cant.
In some forums some Admins would change it, but I doubt they would in this one. Who cares about the name, anyway? Well, if it bothers you that much, just create a new user :/

lwr
September 4th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Cheers. I was just curious really. Thanks for your help.

az
September 4th, 2006, 12:36 PM
No, you cant.
In some forums some Admins would change it, but I doubt they would in this one. Who cares about the name, anyway? Well, if it bothers you that much, just create a new user :/

Sure they will.

Why not?

frodon
September 4th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Write here the name you wish to have instead of lwr and we will change it for you.

Anonii
September 4th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Cheers. I was just curious really. Thanks for your help.
Well, usually Moderators/Adminstrators whine that they get too many name changes requests and they refuse to change the names. Seems like Frodon doesnt, tho :3

lwr
September 5th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Right, after much deliberation, I've decided I'll go with ubuntu-hacker (all lower-case please). Hugely pretentious for a newbie, but hopefully I'll be an expert one day. Thank-you very much for your help. You forum staff all do a great job by the way- much appreciated!

randell6564
September 7th, 2006, 01:14 AM
Thanks

HA! The truth is that you SCREWED UP your REP.,and NOW you NEED to change your user name! LOL! Just kidding my friend!

fuscia
September 7th, 2006, 12:26 PM
i like 'lwr'. it flows off the tongue like those eastern european languages that seem to have no vowels.