PDA

View Full Version : how to disable google

zubrug
September 4th, 2006, 12:55 AM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/03/google_eavesdropping_software/

Just curious, what browser's do not use google?

jimmygoon
September 4th, 2006, 12:58 AM
you can block google with your hosts file and you can use a different search engine in firefox

%hMa@?b<C
September 4th, 2006, 01:04 AM
omg, thats scary:-k *unplugs microphone*

majesticturkey
September 4th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Yeah, that news source doesn't seem quite so reputable, though... I believe nothing without supporting quotes, or at least apparent research. It's also submitted by a firm that has very obvious motives. It doesn't seem very plausible at all, anyway.

Doesn't mean Google isn't evil, just evil in a different way ;)

xXx 0wn3d xXx
September 4th, 2006, 01:53 AM
More proof not to get a microphone for my computer. I have never owned one and I most likely never will.

skymt
September 4th, 2006, 01:58 AM
"How to disable Google," hmm?

Well, first you need a really big botnet...

apollo1900
September 4th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Wow. Lol.
Good thing my mic doesn't work under linux, and OSX doesn't have airport configured. But what about the music you're listening to? Or how about the files your viewing?

I imagine in 2020 that houses will be bugged to create an advertizing profile and then display ads on the tv. scary ****

atrus123
September 4th, 2006, 02:51 AM
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/09/03/google_eavesdropping_software/

Ha! Funny joke.

majesticturkey
September 4th, 2006, 03:43 AM
Honestly, I just looked over more of Faultline's articles. Not a quote in them. It may not be a joke, but it's not real. It's a mixture of fact and outrageous fiction. Just looking over the site, that is. I wouldn't believe it for a second, until I get some substantial proof.

BWF89
September 4th, 2006, 03:47 AM
It's the same website that said Microsoft was going to start releasing some of their server software for Linux.

IYY
September 4th, 2006, 04:29 AM
Obviously this is a feature you'd have to agree to. If Google tried doing it without your knowledge/agreement their business will be destroyed in a matter of days.