PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Genuine Windows

blastus
September 3rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
Flash Movie: Bob's Genuine Windows (http://www.microsoft.com/slovenija/malapodjetja/flash/bob.swf)

Let's see when it came out 5 years ago it was sold as Windows XP. Then a few years ago dealers started selling "Genuine Windows XP." What's next, "Genuine and Activated Windows XP?"

I'm a PC with genuine Windows software. My genuine Windows software helps protect me from viruses... :rolleyes:

and I work like I'm supposed to. yep like it's supposed to. :)

BuffaloX
September 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
Nice that if you didn't get it the first time, it loops.
That should make certain everybody gets it in the end.

Except it's so boring, I guess most don't see it through.

Anonii
September 3rd, 2006, 08:59 PM
OMG this wins soooo hard! Thanks!

Kernel Sanders
September 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
My god Microsoft dont half spread some FUD. :rolleyes:

DoctorMO
September 3rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
'I think my home users are so stupid'

What the user doesn't know is that Rob gave him a computer with Ubuntu on and he didn't need to go to the microsoft site for downloads of updates. three months later Rob sued the 'Dodgy sign makers Co.' for £3 million in damages and set up his own Linux Development lap in New Hampshire.

The user had to bring his windows genuine computer back to Bobs for Repair 17 times because of malware and general slow down. Bob is a very happy man at £50 a time.

roderikk
September 3rd, 2006, 09:53 PM
This can't seriously be something real? If so it would be just so... let's stay polite... weird....

raffytaffy
September 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
my friend has a copy of pirated windows and it updates just fine...even better then a legit version.

Rhapsody
September 3rd, 2006, 10:00 PM
This can't seriously be something real? If so it would be just so... let's stay polite... weird....
Seems fairly consistant with Microsoft's tactics against piracy. Somewhat softer than the RIAA's tactics which pretty much amount to "WE KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE AND WE'RE SENDING THE FBI TO COME AND GET YOU!!!".

DoctorMO
September 3rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Or the BPI sending in the Police under the terrorism Act 2001 shooting everyone who looks a bit foreign.

teet
September 3rd, 2006, 11:19 PM
This indeed is a very strange movie...and it's on microsoft's servers for some reason.

-teet

Anonii
September 3rd, 2006, 11:26 PM
This indeed is a very strange movie...and it's on microsoft's servers for some reason.

-teet
It must be because its a microsoft flash to promote genuine windows.

Omnios
September 3rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
Genuine WIndows this is a true story.

Before I started using Linux I bought a winXP upgrade, man I wish I new about Ubuntu them lol.

ANyways the thing that happened was one day I logged into microsoft automated upgrade and found my language preference changed to Itallian. Anyways I riffled off a complaint to microsoft expecting a reply in a couple of days about how I thought my update was comrimised.

Now the interesting part I got a reply in a couple hours and they where all over it as a matter of fact I got a few replyes from them.

Before that I sent a e-mail how I found that a XP specific virus was hybrinating on win 98 machines till you installed a XP upgrade. Anyways I think I git a reply many days later

teet
September 4th, 2006, 03:56 AM
It must be because its a microsoft flash to promote genuine windows.

Yeah...but it doesn't seem like a professional microsoft production. It looks like it's supposed to be a joke of some kind, but it's not funny :???:

-teet

Boomy
September 4th, 2006, 07:33 AM
It makes me want to go out and buy a Mac for some reason....

Anonii
September 4th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Thats the funny thing, even if its retarded and it looks like it was done by an amateur paraplegic its an official Microsoft flash to promote genuine Windows <:

3rdalbum
September 4th, 2006, 12:20 PM
We should splice the first half and the second half together, to make it look like the Windows validation has failed even though the guy bought the computer from Bob's and the license is "genuine" :-)

argie
September 4th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Nah, the flash shows that guy fiercely typing away for a long long time before the Validation is accepted. That's not good.

Then there's the fact that the video says you're evil if you have a mush and glasses. Hmm.

blackened
September 4th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I think Rob bears an uncanny resemblance to Bill Gates.

raublekick
September 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Funny how Rob doesn't provide the media for XP and the updates don't work, and that makes him not good.

Well, Dell didn't give me installation media, and when I used the XP Pro disc that I got through the MSDN Academic Alliance, the updates won't install!

So logically, Dell and the MSDN are not good.