PDA

View Full Version : Backport: bittornado 0.3.10-3

jdong
April 8th, 2005, 09:34 PM
The current Hoary Bittornado doesn't work. I though we should try a newer version from Sid.

Rev 115

poofyhairguy
April 11th, 2005, 09:35 PM
The current Hoary Bittornado doesn't work. I though we should try a newer version from Sid.

Rev 115

Thanks Jdong. I'll try this out tonight and tell you how it goes.

jdong
April 11th, 2005, 09:42 PM
ok, I've downloaded Kanotix and Hoary through this client, and it works quite well. If you come back with good things, I'll mark it stable. :)

poofyhairguy
April 12th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Hey this works really good. Thanks a bunch. Mark it stable.

Heck, offer it to the MOU.

Thanks again, BitTornado is the reason I abondoned Fedora for Ubuntu (stupid reason then, but it worked out).

poofyhairguy
April 13th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Ok. This might seem weird. But thanks again jdong. I used it again, and it works better than Warty's for me.

You are my hero. Even though my broadband provider might think otherwise....

PeteG
April 15th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Hi,

I'd really love to use Bittornado on my linux box however i can't get it to install. It just tells me that package can't be found however i've added the backports to the sources list. I sudo apt-get install bittornado and it just says the package cannot be found. Something i'm doing wrong here?

Pete.

poofyhairguy
April 15th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Hi,

I'd really love to use Bittornado on my linux box however i can't get it to install. It just tells me that package can't be found however i've added the backports to the sources list. I sudo apt-get install bittornado and it just says the package cannot be found. Something i'm doing wrong here?

Pete.

its in staging now.

hoary-backports-staging

PeteG
April 15th, 2005, 08:25 AM
So i'd just add staging to the sources list. e.g. deb http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/backports hoary-backports main universe multiverse restricted staging?

While i was waiting i actually downloaded the .deb files for it (i'm pretty sure i found them), but when installing the GUI it wanted to libwxgtk2.4-python package. I apt-get install libwxgtk2.4-python and it says it isn't available. Sorry if these questions are really newb, i'm really new to linux.

Pete.

poofyhairguy
April 15th, 2005, 08:52 AM
So i'd just add staging to the sources list. e.g. deb http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/backports hoary-backports main universe multiverse restricted staging?

While i was waiting i actually downloaded the .deb files for it (i'm pretty sure i found them), but when installing the GUI it wanted to libwxgtk2.4-python package. I apt-get install libwxgtk2.4-python and it says it isn't available. Sorry if these questions are really newb, i'm really new to linux.

Pete.

No, the line would be:

http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/backports hoary-backports-staging main universe multiverse restricted

add it after backports. No big deal. It worth a few questions to get it right.

jdong
April 15th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Just in case poofyhairguy didn't make it clear enough, -staging is a complimentary branch to hoary-backports. Some stuff won't work if you don't have hoary-backports enabled at the minimum.

Also, you need Hoary's "universe" repositories enabled.