PDA

View Full Version : I think i'm not thankful enough..

Cyraxzz
September 1st, 2006, 11:45 PM
I just bought this extremely expensive camera. However, according to it's user manual the software that came with it(2 CDs) were required to import pictures to a hard drive, and it only ran on Win XP and Mac OS X. So my first thought was: "I mine as well return it back", but i plugged the usb cable in and immediately the Camera Import window appears. This truly is the ultimate OS.

blackened
September 2nd, 2006, 12:22 AM
Most cameras come with a cd full of garbage software that they say is required for use of their product when, in reality, the vast majority are seen by the os as mass storage devices similar to an external harddrive or usb stick. Windows and OSX would have likely worked the same as Ubuntu without the proprietary software installed.

fuscia
September 2nd, 2006, 03:20 AM
i thought the same thing when i got my nikon. i was still using ME at the time and when i plugged my camera in, it just showed up as an E drive.

Shay Stephens
September 2nd, 2006, 04:22 AM
Yes, the cd's have a bunch of junk usually. Just plug the camera into the computer should work for most os's out there now. You can also just plug the memory card in if you have a card reader.