PDA

View Full Version : did putting my iPod on pause suck out all the battery?

hanzj
September 1st, 2006, 08:15 PM
Hello,
I had put my iPod on pause. A few days later, I tried to play my iPod, but the battery had no more energy? Did putting the iPod on pause suck out all the battery power? Does pause keep the hard drive (of my 5th generation iPod) spinning, and thus losing energy? Should I have just powered off the iPod?

hanzj
September 1st, 2006, 08:19 PM
I found this "tip" on PCWorld (http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,126699-page,1-c,mp3players/article.html)

Pausing vs. standby:
Because much of the power consumed by hard-disk iPods (not the Nano or Shuffle) spins the disk, press Pause when you leave the player unattended. Left playing in default mode, the iPod will run until the battery is drained.

But did you know... You can think you've turned off the iPod when you've actually entered a standby mode. The way Play/Pause is engineered on the click dial, if you press down until the screen goes dark, the iPod may be in a paused standby mode (not Pause), which uses more power. To verify that the unit is in Pause mode, press the middle button. When the screen lights up, look in the upper-left corner for dual bars (Pause), not the triangle (Play). To cut power totally, flip the Hold switch on the top.

JimmyJazz
September 1st, 2006, 08:27 PM
my ipod mini goes off after being paused more then a minute or so

hanzj
September 1st, 2006, 08:35 PM
JimmyJazz,
I think (or had thought) my iPod goes off, too, after being paused for a minute. But this no-battery-life thing makes me double-guess.