PDA

View Full Version : How much would you give for an Ubuntu Poster?

Jenda
September 1st, 2006, 01:25 PM
EDIT: For more info on how ordering works, and what's done with the money: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=296758
EDIT: For hi-res images to print out yourself, see the above thread as well.

Hello Ubuntu Community :)
It's me once again. Some of you might have been aware of me shipping stickers recently. I'm all out of those, but if there's demand, I'll make another batch. For the stickers, see: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=248540

Now, the point of the stickers was to find out if it is possible to create DIY Marketing Material and ship it like this without a financial loss, and if it comes out cheaper than ordering from companies that do the same. And...

... SUCCESS.

I'm asking the art team for help on the posters now, but I would like to know how much most of you would be willing to pay for a poster, so I can find out if I can get a printer to print for the price. Also, if any of you are absolutely sure you want to buy a few as soon as they're ready, you can pre-order from me by email.
As of now, I know packaging will be about $0.8 USD for 1-15 posters, which isn't much. Shipping should be about $2 worldwide (will check more precisely).

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Once some artwork is done, it should be available here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1449487#post1449487
Feel free to use it for content suggestions, or your own versions thereof.

TeeAhr1
September 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM
I would definitely buy a bunch. My "second (not yet profitable but we're working on it) job" is installing and supporting Ubuntu desktops here in Minneapolis, and they'd be really neat to hand out to customers.

Jenda
September 2nd, 2006, 05:23 PM
bump :)
I'd really like to get this going.

daou
September 3rd, 2006, 04:06 PM
If there was a store near me selling Ubuntu posters, I'd have one already. But ordering over the net always seems a bit tedious and unsafe. How are you planning to take care of payment?

Jenda
September 3rd, 2006, 04:27 PM
How? Well, I send by mail, you send by paypal. Either you decide to trust me, and pay in advance/before you recieve the shipment, or you are unsure, so I have to send in advance and wait for it to reach you and then you send by paypal. A person with over X posts on this forum or X karma in launchpad.net would seem trustworthy enough to trust with a shipment. I haven't had a problem so far - I wouldn't expect a person who is active in the community to cheat me, as it would seriously harm their reputation.

daou
September 3rd, 2006, 04:31 PM
Don't get me wrong, the trust issue wasn't directed at you. More at internet ordering in general and possible database breach issues at ex. PayPal.

Brendt2
September 3rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
I would totally support such an action!

I have already started evangilizing my corner of the midwest!

I want to see this keep growing... just like firefox did!

Where do I send a check to? Paypal? How much for how much?

Is there anything I could do to help with dispersal... I have a webserver / domain that I no longer use.

This is a great idea... and I think that the community should pick this up and run with it :!:

daou
September 3rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Would it be possible to just directly wire the money to your account? I would much rather do this.

Jenda
September 3rd, 2006, 04:52 PM
Don't get me wrong, the trust issue wasn't directed at you. More at internet ordering in general and possible database breach issues at ex. PayPal.

Oh don't worry, I didn't take it as such :) I have only the best experience with paypal, really. And even your pocket isn't 100% safe ツ
(says he, who had his wallet stolen twice already :( )

Where do I send a check to? Paypal? How much for how much?

Is there anything I could do to help with dispersal... I have a webserver / domain that I no longer use.

This is a great idea... and I think that the community should pick this up and run with it :!:

You can preorder posters from me by email. You can even pre-pay, if you insist, it will help with funding the print itself, but I have no idea how much the posters will cost just yet - I'll write to the printer soon.

I will soon have a website up and I have a person to host it too, so I won't need help there, but thanks :) I will turn to the forum community if I need anything :).

And you know what would be a great help now? Put a link to this thread in your signature here on the forum with a discription ツ It might draw some attention. I need feedback now.

Lord Illidan
September 3rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
I'd buy or get someone to buy for me, at 10$ + shipping, good price, imho.

daou
September 3rd, 2006, 05:02 PM
(says he, who had his wallet stolen twice already )

Only once for me so far :D . Ok, I'll look into the PayPal thing if it looks like you'll be able to make the posters.

Excuse my political remark, but I just find it unpleasant giving my bank/credit card information to a US based corporation, especially while Mr. Bush is the King of America. Not that he'd find anything interesting, just a matter of principle.

Jenda
September 3rd, 2006, 05:17 PM
Mind you, paypal is UK based :) How else could they push the GBP to be one of the currencies in there... ツ

daou
September 3rd, 2006, 05:36 PM
Mind you, paypal is UK based

I must've misread their disclaimers ](*,) . Ok, I admit, I scrolled through them pretty quickly :rolleyes: .

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Alrighty!
I have a quote for the posters from the printer. They will cost $300, if I print out 200, which would boil down to $1.50 apiece.
Add $3 for packaging and shipping, and you get a nice $20 for a shipment of 10 posters, $11 for 5 posters, $5 for a single poster.
I wonder if the community can cough up enough not to leave me in the red ツ
(sorry for dual post here and in the art forum - decided to leave it anyway, though)
So, if any of you are interested in pre-ordering, it is jenda at ubuntu dot com. I'll (try to) change the poll to tell me how many posters are sellable this way.

schurtek
September 4th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I would definitaly be interested... depending on the content of the poster of course... but have you ever considered having the posters printed locally in various countries... I use to have a printing business, but I still have all the contacts and can get things like stickers, t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, calanders, pens, books, posters, flyers, etc printed at real good prices... I am even invovled with a magazine project... www.osm.za.net...

croak77
September 4th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Zero.

zugu
September 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I would certainly buy some Ubuntu posters, however, PayPal does not accept new accounts from my country :( maybe there's another payment option available? If so, I am ready to preorder.

basketcase
September 4th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Could be interested...I have two 6' x 5' Posters from Macromedia in regards to Cold Fusion Scripts.

I want BIG posters :D

daou
September 4th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Jenda, please keep this thread informed when you have details about the possible sizes and artwork for the posters. Thanks.

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 02:08 PM
I would definitaly be interested... depending on the content of the poster of course... but have you ever considered having the posters printed locally in various countries... I use to have a printing business, but I still have all the contacts and can get things like stickers, t-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, calanders, pens, books, posters, flyers, etc printed at real good prices... I am even invovled with a magazine project... www.osm.za.net...

The content of the poster will be discussed in the artwork forum linked in the first post.
@printing issue: Well, I'm working on a project urging people to print out en mass and ship out. Give me about a month and it should be closer to completion :)
For now, as I'm living in an eastern country - The Czech Republic - my printer is a lot cheaper than what the American or British users can get, so it's a viable way of working. If you have opportunities to get better prices for all of us out there - please take advantage ツ

Jenda, please keep this thread informed when you have details about the possible sizes and artwork for the posters. Thanks.

The size will be a little larger than A3, in order to fit the envelopes. Sending in a tube would be mega-expensive. OTOH, the printer says that up to 45cm × 63cm (17.5' × 24.6'), the price is almost the same.
As for the artwork - please do watch the artwork thread linked above :) I will post important 'milestones' here, though.

I would certainly buy some Ubuntu posters, however, PayPal does not accept new accounts from my country :( maybe there's another payment option available? If so, I am ready to preorder.

I will soon have a bank account to send money to. I'm not sure what the fees are in such a transaction, and I'm afraid I'd have to leave the investigation up to you. There is, of course, the option of hidden cash in an envelope, too, although I can't afford to cover the risk there :(.

One more thing about the price: If I order more than 500 pcs, then the price per poster is only $0.80! That's a great price if I ever seen one... but I'll have to charge $1 anyway to cover the loss on the unsold posters. I doubt I'll send out even 400.

-- Jenda

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Artwork update:
Smartalecks has created this amazing proposal. If any of you have any suggestions, please post them in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1461154

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3883/ubuntuposterks7.png (http://img440.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ubuntuposterpp5.png)

GuitarHero
September 4th, 2006, 03:36 PM
It doesnt look like a poster it looks like an add, I want a poster. Also the lack of a border makes the text look weird, its so close to the edges.

daou
September 4th, 2006, 03:46 PM
It doesnt look like a poster it looks like an add, I want a poster.

I agree with GuitarHero. My Ubuntu desktop does the advertising for itself in my apartment. And besides, I'm already sold ;) .

Obor
September 4th, 2006, 03:51 PM
...it looks like an add...
thats what I thought as well. I think as a poster it would be better to just have a BIG logo. (i.e the top quater of the poster without all the info afterwards).

zachtib
September 4th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Well, I only want one poster, but I'd be happy to pay $10-$15 for it, if the money is going to support Ubuntu, of course.

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 04:30 PM
It doesnt look like a poster it looks like an add, I want a poster. Also the lack of a border makes the text look weird, its so close to the edges.
I agree with GuitarHero. My Ubuntu desktop does the advertising for itself in my apartment. And besides, I'm already sold ;) .

Well, the primary purpose of the poster is public awareness. it is intended to hang in the local library, your school and SW/HW shops.
However, for the sake of business, we should try to make a poster that will serve both purposes. We can't have a poster that only displays Ubuntu pride and doesn't say what Ubuntu is, although you don't need to know what Ubuntu is in your bedroom. I don't think printing two variants is an option ATM.

thats what I thought as well. I think as a poster it would be better to just have a BIG logo. (i.e the top quater of the poster without all the info afterwards).

Actually, I thought it should be a little more graphical and less verbose as well.

Well, I only want one poster, but I'd be happy to pay $10-$15 for it, if the money is going to support Ubuntu, of course.

Good (implied) question.
I will be investing $300 into the print (and more for the shipping etc.). Once all the accounting is closed, I will take back the exact amount that I put in, plus $30 (10%) for the risk and time I invested. I hope no one deems this unfair. If there isn't enough money in the end - I foot the loss without any remedy. If, OTOH, there is a profit, I will not keep it (just as I'm not keeping the profit I already generated on selling the stickers), but use it instead to fuel more Ubuntu Marketing projects. If I run out of ideas and no suitable project appears, I will simply donate the lot to Ubuntu and let others decide.
So, if all goes well, zachtib, if you pay $10 where you are supposed to pay $4, around $1 will go for the poster you ordered. Since I keep 10% of the price of the posters, I will keep $0.10 of that. A bit less than $3 (let's say $2.90 to make it easier) will go for packaging and shipping. $6 will be left over in the end, and will be treated as profit, and used as described above.
Also, once the website I mentioned earlier is ready, I will publish all the financial info there, in order to be completely open about it :)

(The stickers are even now, but since more $$$ should come in, I expect about $50, which will be used to finance these posters. The eventual profit from these would be used for the next endeavour, etc.)

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Oh, and the poster above has been updated and improved (the text indentation):
http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ubuntupostereo3.png

K.Mandla
September 4th, 2006, 04:55 PM
It doesnt look like a poster it looks like an add, I want a poster.
I'd have to agree. I like the idea for hanging at the local library or maybe a college commons, but something more postery might appeal to those already converted. ;)

UbuWu
September 4th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Less = more! That is still far too much text!

Also remember who your audience is. If this is for public libraries as you say, get rid of the "GNU/linux based" as most people will just stop reading there. Keep it simple and understandable.

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Very good point there.
However, I'm beginning to be unsure if the demand is high enough. I'll also see how much money the stickers generate - that will all be used to help me fund the posters, so a loss of up to about $50 would be tolerable. That still means selling 200 posters.

GuitarHero
September 5th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Well if it is supposed to be an ad its not that bad. I would say get rid of tux since its not directly affiliated with Ubuntu, only with linux. Also space things out more so its not crammed to the edge with info.

zugu
September 5th, 2006, 03:11 PM
What I'd like: an Ubuntu bedroom poster and a Kubuntu bedroom poster.

I'd just love a refreshing brown/orange or blue background, the (K)Ubuntu logo in the middle, and an intelligent slogan beneath. Just like in the Firefox marketing campaign.

I don't see the need for an advertising poster in my bedroom, because people will ask me "What is that Ubuntu thing?", and then I'll be able to reply with "A free OS." - you get it, an excelent opportunity to start a discussion about Ubuntu.
Of course, there will be people who will need posters to stick in their local library, etc., but I find the actual proposals too flashy. It's too much text, and too much "gloss". Simpler designs are more attractive in my opinion.

As for the "money in an envelope" kind of payment, it might prove itself as the best option for me :D

Brendt2
September 5th, 2006, 05:41 PM
I'd just love a refreshing brown/orange or blue background, the (K)Ubuntu logo in the middle, and an intelligent slogan beneath.

I agree to that!

There are many different ways to construct posters.

An idea... poster with approx 65 % of the poster given over to simple / symetrical logo. 10 % being a large font "Ubuntu" or somethign like that, 5 % regarding the spreading open source thing, and the remaining to go into detail using a small font the flows with the rest of the poster. When walking by a poster you will be able to read all of the info if needs be, and alternatively you have an eye catching / pride filled logo!

What do ya think?

daou
September 5th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Simplicity and vagueness are intriguing. In fact, when I saw an advertisement on TV that didn't mention any brand, my mind got blown to pieces. I was immediately interested. Of course, they had to ruin the mystery by airing another ad 2 minutes later with the name of the brand.

Jenda
September 6th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Watch the poll!
The prices have been updated according to what the printer said.
(Keep in mind that these are rock-bottom prices, and paying a bit extra WILL help)

Rikostan
September 7th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I'd like 5-9 posters, and would pay up to $7-$10 for the lot

Papa-san
September 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Oh... Pickles!

My SASE is on it's way to you... Took me a while to get it ready and actually out to the post office... (I've been known to procrastinate!)

I also think the posters would be a grand idea! If you do them, let us know!

My own personal experiences with Ubuntu (or anything '*nix) began with Breezy back in March of this year. I was VERY happy with it, and began touting it to everyone I knew.

I did have some trouble getting the wireless set up, but once that was finished, I was happier than I ever was with Windows!

Then I made the mistake of upgrading to Dapper... A month now, and she still isn't right. However, I will continue to play around with things, and by the time the next version is out, I might have it hammered out.

Kudos to all involved!

Jenda
September 14th, 2006, 07:42 AM
OK, cool. ATM, the numbers here are about 120 or 130 posters. I think that's looking promising even though it's not getting near the number wanted.

ekuliak
September 15th, 2006, 03:31 AM
I'll probably buy at least two.

Though I personally would prefer a much simpler poster, like just the logo or logo and a bit of text. Something that would look real nice in a bedroom for instance (as many people have mentioned).

Might be something to keep in mind for future projects if the purpose of this poster is to be promotional or an ad.

Skia_42
September 15th, 2006, 04:34 AM
I'd buy one, $10 seems fair to me. (that includes shipping)

Jenda
September 15th, 2006, 07:00 AM
How do you like this one, ekuliak?
http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/Batch%201,%20Posters/HanZo/ubuntu_idea01.jpg

Brendt2
September 15th, 2006, 03:02 PM
http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/Batch%201,%20Posters/HanZo/ubuntu_idea01.jpg

This is definatly a step in the right direction!

In another note: one of my friends is a very talented artist. On my request he has started some concepts for Ubuntu related ads/prop.

Once he gets them all ready I will upload them for people to see.

!

Brendt

Obor
September 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM

That definitely looks more like a "bedroom poster" IMHO

ekuliak
September 16th, 2006, 12:45 AM

I like it!
That, I would say, qualifies as a bedroom poster ^_^

Not to mention that it will also likely grab people's attention.

b.treu
September 18th, 2006, 04:28 PM
That poster idea is sweet! I could see that posted in public places, as well as home. SWEET!=D>

Jenda
September 25th, 2006, 08:54 AM
It seems to be almost decided that that is our poster... I just need to get it in higher quality now.
Brendt, that doesn't mean we're not waiting for what you have ツ

Jenda
September 25th, 2006, 08:58 AM
The result of this poll so far is promising. it seems that the expenses might be covered afterall :)

Jenda
October 5th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Just so you know what you're getting into...
http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/Batch%201,%20Posters/HanZo/poster-v01.jpg

macogw
October 5th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Oh don't worry, I didn't take it as such :) I have only the best experience with paypal, really. And even your pocket isn't 100% safe ツ
(says he, who had his wallet stolen twice already :( )
You used a tsu as a smiley! ahahahaha! かっこいね!

unfknblvbl
October 9th, 2006, 11:35 PM
thats one hell of a sweet poster !

petersjm
October 14th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Just so you know what you're getting into...
http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/Batch%201,%20Posters/HanZo/poster-v01.jpg

I was going to post a little sample I just came up with, but after seeing this one, I feel totally inferior! LOL.

Ah well, I'll post it anyway, but you can all just ignore it... :D

http://www.pjmerrigan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ubuntu_poster_01_thumb.png (http://www.pjmerrigan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ubuntu_poster_01.png)

Ptero-4
October 14th, 2006, 05:05 PM
I was going to post a little sample I just came up with, but after seeing this one, I feel totally inferior! LOL.

Ah well, I'll post it anyway, but you can all just ignore it...

Actually it makes up for a nice desktop picture, just adjust the resolution.

petersjm
October 14th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Actually it makes up for a nice desktop picture, just adjust the resolution.

Thanks, Ptero. I'll mess with it a bit and maybe put it up on gnome-look.org or somewhere.

Lopsicle
October 14th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I would buy a few Ubuntu posters if I liked them, sorry but I dont.

indigoshift
October 14th, 2006, 09:15 PM
I would certainly buy an Ubuntu poster, and I'd definitely pay more than 3 bucks for it. Seems like posters can run up to $15 in the U.S., and I'd pay that much for an Ubuntu poster if I dug the design enough.

mtn
October 14th, 2006, 10:09 PM
I was wondering about getting Ubuntu posters. I would love a really plain one with just the logo and maybe "www.ubuntu.com" or something on it. I thinking that would be great for the bedroom or living room.

Seems to me there might be a need/desire for two different posters. One for folks that use Ubuntu and want it for there home, and a second as more of a promotional poster.

I had started a thread about promoting Ubuntu last week, http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=274158, I was thinking about putting up a couple of posters in Uni and offering to help one or two people installing for the first time.

I guess, I feel like it would be giving something back, as well as the fact that the more people that use Ubuntu, the more energy the community has and hopefully I will benefit from that. I was put on to Linux by a friend who loaned me his Suse 9.3 install DVD. I used that for a while, liked it, got interested in the open source concept and went to a Free Software Foundation seminar and demonstration. I picked up an Ubuntu install disk there and installed in on my dad’s desktop. He liked it and I liked it better than Suse so switched.

Sorry about all this blab, but the point, I guess, is that I was waiting for something like Ubuntu. I had wanted to get away from MS for a couple of years but didn’t know there was an alternative. So I was thinking a poster that promoted Ubuntu but also made a lot out of the fact that it comes with OpenOffice.org (that is MS compatible), Firefox and Thunderbird (why is TB not the default mail client?) might just inform a few people that are already ready for a change!

The biggest problem getting people to switch seem to be the fact that people are CONDITIONED to MS stuff and think it will be a huge hassle getting to know a different system-better the devil you know. If folk can actually see that OO is like MS Office and Firefox is easy and there is a desktop that is not so different to what they are used to that would be a big step in the right direction.

In my experience when I mention I use Ubuntu people are not that interested but once you have booted there computer up using the live CD and they can see it they get interested.

Anyway, that is my suggestion, plain Ubuntu poster and full on promotional one that included images of OO and Firefox. I would pay $5 for a poster for my home and would pay $10-$20 fro some posters to put up round Uni!

Jenda
October 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Alrighty, the final design of the poster is:
http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/Batch%201,%20Posters/HanZo/poster-layout.jpg
(tadaa)

And now to mtn :)

I was wondering about getting Ubuntu posters. I would love a really plain one with just the logo and maybe "www.ubuntu.com" or something on it. I thinking that would be great for the bedroom or living room.

Seems to me there might be a need/desire for two different posters. One for folks that use Ubuntu and want it for there home, and a second as more of a promotional poster.

Anyway, that is my suggestion, plain Ubuntu poster and full on promotional one that included images of OO and Firefox. I would pay $5 for a poster for my home and would pay $10-$20 fro some posters to put up round Uni!

ATM, it's impossible for me to meet this demand (I can only print them out beceause of the number - 500 pcs... printing 250 of two designs would cost nearly twice as much, ie. twice as much apiece as well), so I tried to strike a balance between the two - HanZo's beautiful poster - the result of the competition - can be seen at the link above.
I hope it will suit your needs :)

I had started a thread about promoting Ubuntu last week, http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=274158, I was thinking about putting up a couple of posters in Uni and offering to help one or two people installing for the first time.

I guess, I feel like it would be giving something back, as well as the fact that the more people that use Ubuntu, the more energy the community has and hopefully I will benefit from that. I was put on to Linux by a friend who loaned me his Suse 9.3 install DVD. I used that for a while, liked it, got interested in the open source concept and went to a Free Software Foundation seminar and demonstration. I picked up an Ubuntu install disk there and installed in on my dad’s desktop. He liked it and I liked it better than Suse so switched.

Theoretically, the Marketing Team should help you out with this. We are all willing to help, but there are no ready resources I can think of yet. I'm working on a HOWTO page for DIY Marketing. It will take some time to gather the actual content, though.

Sorry about all this blab, but the point, I guess, is that I was waiting for something like Ubuntu. I had wanted to get away from MS for a couple of years but didn’t know there was an alternative. So I was thinking a poster that promoted Ubuntu but also made a lot out of the fact that it comes with OpenOffice.org (that is MS compatible), Firefox and Thunderbird (why is TB not the default mail client?) might just inform a few people that are already ready for a change!
Happy to hear that, my story is similar :)

daou
October 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM
I've been away from the Ubuntu forums for a while, time consuming project going on. But I'm still interested in the Ubuntu poster(s). The new look, with the desert road, strikes a good balance between promotional and decorational purposes. I like it (looks like we have good artists in the Ubuntu community), I wouldn't mind hanging it in my livingroom.

Jenda, how far away do you think production and shipment is for the posters?

Jenda
October 16th, 2006, 05:13 PM
daou, I just sent the order to the printer... I'm hoping friday will be the day :)

mtn
October 16th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks for your reply Jenda. I understand printing two would be too costly. It would be nice, but not possible at the moment, only in my dreams:). I think the fact that you are getting this together at all is really great, thanks. Maybe in 20 years when Ubuntu dominates the world these original poster will be worth a fortune!

The link to the final version of the poster does not seem to work. I get a 404!?

Cheers

mtn
October 17th, 2006, 05:47 PM
That is a very tasty poster, I'll be having one please. How best to order? and how much did you decide to sell them for?

Jenda
October 17th, 2006, 07:56 PM
mtn, you order by email (jenda at ubuntu dot com), and the price is about $1 apiece, but add $3 for shipping the batch. It's an estimate - I don't know the shipping prices yet.
The posters should be ready on tuesday.
Try the link again... works for me ;)

Jenda
November 1st, 2006, 06:05 PM
Posters are OUT! :)

I have them printed right here, they look like this: http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/Batch%201,%20Posters/HanZo/poster-layout.jpg

If you wish to order, drop me a mail at jenda @ ubuntu . com

The price is $1 per poster and the shipping is:
$5 for up to 10 posters
$8 for up to 25 posters (I hope that would fit under 500 grams...)
$15 for 25-50 posters
I have no idea where it goes beyond that :)
Since there is a very low margin, and I'm still about $220 in the red, anything paid above is _very_ appreciated.

basketcase
November 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Do you have dimensions on the posters?

Jenda
November 1st, 2006, 08:52 PM
Standard A3...
if you're into math, I remember that A3 has an area of 1/8 m², while the ratio of the sides is 1 : √2
so, √2x² = 0.125 m²

Jenda
November 1st, 2006, 08:53 PM
Ah... those were the times... I couldn't resist. One side is 297 mm, the other 420 :)

Jenda
November 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM
New relevant thread: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=296758

ciscosurfer
November 12th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Can I get it for free? In the spirit of open source 'n' all :D

Jenda
November 12th, 2006, 09:36 AM
Weeelll....
In the spirit of opensource, you can get the source for free, and compile it yourself :)
ie. Download source images from http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/Batch%201,%20Posters/ and print them out yourself. You're more than welcome to.
If you wish, I'll even ship you the source for the price of the media and shipping - the GPL requires me to offer this, btw :)