PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu case badges

Jenda
September 1st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Hello all, just for clarification, I'm making a new thread about case badges. I have sent out over 600 pieces, and don't have any that haven't been ordered any more. If you wish, you can still order and be in the queue at jenda at ubuntu dot com.
I will be getting a few hundred more in september, and will consider creating a second batch if there is enough demand. Please express yourselves :)

I locked the old thread here: http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=113001&page=2

I'm working on a site to offer DIY material like this, but it's not done yet.

For now, have a look at these source files: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MarketingTeam/Shipping
If you wish to work on them etc, see http://doc.ubuntu.com/~marketing/DIY%20Material/ where all the works in progress are too.

-- Jenda

justin whitaker
September 1st, 2006, 04:42 PM
I like them, but they are very dark. Will you be doing a lighter edition?

Jenda
September 1st, 2006, 05:33 PM
Yes, as a matter of fact, the next ones will be a bit lighter. And they come out looking a bit lighter on the prints. It looks a nice, rich brown, IMO (perhaps those of you who have a few could comment?)

JediSpam
September 4th, 2006, 04:59 AM
i definitely want one. i need one to show off on my laptop

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Feel free to drop me an order by email.

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 01:49 PM
In fact, it seems that there are now 10 english stickers available, and 20 without caption. Order while they're there :)

Jenda
September 4th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Ok, gone ツ

JediSpam
September 5th, 2006, 10:34 PM
you don't have any left? :(

Jenda
September 5th, 2006, 10:41 PM
Well... I don't have any of my own, but thanks to MenZa, I will have more from Sept. 26.
They are a donation from MenZa, and will be used to fund the poster project in another thread, in another place...: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=248542

Rikostan
September 7th, 2006, 01:08 AM
I ordered quite a few of these from Jenda awhile back and recieved them very fast.
They look pretty good and seem to stick just fine.

RobsterUK
September 7th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Your stickers are cool, but personally I prefer this design:
http://www.system76.com/index.php/cPath/53_64

Jenda
September 7th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Thanks for your support, Rikostan.
Rikostan's order was the largest I had, along with two more of the same size.

As for you, RobsterUK - there is a substantial difference.
System76's stickers are, in fact, less 'free' than mine. They can afford to pay the bill, but they don't offer you the freedom.
I can't pay the stickers for you - but you're free to use all of the work I gathered and did myself to print your own :)
And as far as the design goes, it's a matter of personal preference. Since I'm out of the brown ones anyway, I'm now offering these instead: http://flickr.com/photos/menza/190242961/

zedlander
September 14th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I want one of those nice metallic stickers. Do you have any of them left, or do you know where I could get one?

Thanks,
Trevor

Jenda
September 14th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry - i don't have, nor have ever had, any metallic stickers.

Ninjai
September 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Well... I don't have any of my own, but thanks to MenZa, I will have more from Sept. 26.

Hey Janda, is Menza's still on track for sept 26th? :)

Jenda
September 25th, 2006, 08:52 AM
I'd hope so :)
I have been away, so I'm not sure how we can get in touch... we'll see.
Worst case scenario: he snailmails me a package.

Jenda
October 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
We met up, but no stickers in sight :)
Will get them by mail - sorry to waiters.

Jenda
October 11th, 2006, 07:24 PM
OK, the stickers are ready. I sent an email to all those who have ordered. It contains all the useful info, so I quote it here:

Hello all. I'm writing you because you ordered some stickers from me,
and they are finally here. MenZa printed out more than I expected
originally, so I'll describe what I have, with the price range:

1) Small case badges for Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu AND Edubuntu ($3 for
10 pcs, $15 for 100)
2) Tiny (~1.3 cm) square black stickers with a white Ubuntu logo ($2 for
10, $10 for 100
3) Large (~515 cm)white Ubuntu, Linux for human beings stickers, similar
to the shipit ones - though rectangular with a thin black line around
the edge and rounded corners ($2 for 1, $10 for 10)
4) Large (~7 cm) Ubuntu logo stickers, which are composed of the
individual parts of the logo itself... these ROCK, I'm getting one
myself - but are a little tricky to stick nicely. ($2 apiece, $10 for 10)

Some of you may notice a mathematical pattern in the pricing... each
time you make the order ten times larger, the price only multiplies 5
times ?

Since MenZa only asked very little for all the stickers he sent (and
it's already been payed back by end-users), what you pay is basically
funding to the poster project I'm working on. It is greatly appreciated.

All further profit will be forwarded to other projects, preferably
marketing - and when I run out of ideas, the remaining sum will be
donated to Ubuntu.

Thank you!

Those of you who have already paid will be getting their orders soon.
However, re-confirming the order with reference to the above might prove
a good idea :) In any case, you _will_ get what you already paid for.

If you're interested, please drop a mail to jenda at ubuntu dot com :)

exc220
October 26th, 2006, 05:15 PM
OK, the stickers are ready. I sent an email to all those who have ordered. It contains all the useful info, so I quote it here:

If you're interested, please drop a mail to jenda at ubuntu dot com :)

Hi Jenda,
are the stickers still available and shippable to Italy?

Jenda
October 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Most certainly, feel free to drop me a mail.

Ninjai
October 26th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Hi Jenda, how far into sending out all the stickers are you now? :)

Gaweph
November 16th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Not sure if im too late, but id love a few of the powered by Ubuntu stickers.

Probably take the 100 for $13, ship to uk ok? Still got some letf?

Jenda
November 16th, 2006, 08:42 AM
Most definitely, on both accounts, Gaweph. Please write me a short email to jenda at ubuntu dot com.

Gaweph
November 16th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Ok, will do it today!

---EDIT---

Hotmail seems to be timing out today, i will send the email as soon as i can.

Gaw

Jenda
January 23rd, 2007, 01:24 PM
New batch of stickers: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu and Edubuntu included!

Ninjai
January 24th, 2007, 01:54 PM
You know I never did recieve any I paid for. O well all towards Ubuntu project.
Did you send them out Jenda or jst lost in post?

Jenda
January 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hey, Ninjai, lemme check the facts. If all's set, I'll send them again. I'm sorry for that.

Jenda
January 24th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Ninjai, yep, I've got the payment here, so I'll be sending those stickers again. I'm inclined to say that they must've got lost in the post, but I can't really guarantee it's not my bad :)
It's 20 altogether, so if you could tell me what ratio of K/X/Ed/Ubuntu you want...?

Ninjai
January 24th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Ok thanks alot. TBH I only remembered when you posted here again.

As for ration hmm...

10 U
4 X
4 K
2 Ed

If ok with you. :D

Jenda
January 24th, 2007, 08:36 PM
gotcha :)

ruz322
March 26th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Jenda, are these still available?

Jenda
March 26th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Oh yes ;)
I have about 2000 left ;)

davidgypsy
March 27th, 2007, 02:15 PM
Oh yes ;)
I have about 2000 left ;)

What do they cost?

Jenda
March 27th, 2007, 03:08 PM
$.30 apiece.
If you buy 10 or more, shipping is free. If you buy 50 or more, the price drops reaal quick (it's half price at 200)

ruz322
March 27th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Where should I send my information if I want to order them? To your email? What is your email if that is the case.

Jenda
March 27th, 2007, 08:30 PM
it is jenda at ubuntu dot com, and yep, it's the place to order :)

Rydel
April 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM
These badges are fantastic! Here is one on our Azure model laptop getting ready to ship:

Jenda
April 1st, 2007, 07:37 PM
Ryan, that is AWESOME! :)

You actually sell those preloaded and sticker-marked? :)

davidgypsy
April 1st, 2007, 09:36 PM
$.30 apiece.
If you buy 10 or more, shipping is free. If you buy 50 or more, the price drops reaal quick (it's half price at 200)

How would I pay for that? I am in Malawi, Africa... I just want a few.

Rydel
April 1st, 2007, 10:09 PM
Ryan, that is AWESOME! :)

You actually sell those preloaded and sticker-marked? :)

Absolutely! We've started putting your case badges on all of our computers (the full lineup is on our website (http://shafetech.com)).

Needless to say, I think we'll be in touch again soon--50 just isn't going to last very long!

310ei
April 2nd, 2007, 01:35 AM
Jenda,

I placed an order this morning; the case badges will look good on the used laptops we sell.

Thank you.

MrSootentai
August 16th, 2007, 01:10 AM
Are these stickers still available??
I plan on buying a couple if I can. I want to buy about 20 if I can.

Jenda
August 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Yes, yes stickers are available. I just sent out a few muchly delayed packages, and I'm back online to respond to new orders.

Still, please be patient with your orders, it can happen that I don't find the time to send the stickers for up to a month sometimes (there are people who had to wait even longer, because I messed up, or forgot to send their package, or something like that, but it doesn't happen too often :))

multifaceted
September 10th, 2007, 03:41 AM
Either I am blind or stupid but, I can't seem to see where else you can obtain these badges???....

I would like one in English, where can I go about getting one? I want other people to see what I am using. I have already converted my brother and another friend.... and working on more individuals.

Jenda
September 10th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Well, I can send you some, or you can try to contact the Massachusetts team, they seem to have made a batch.

LowSky
September 10th, 2007, 04:05 PM
system76 is also giving them away

http://system76.com/article_info.php?articles_id=9

Perpetual
September 19th, 2007, 10:03 PM
I would like to get 3 - 6 of these and would gladly pay for them and the shipping if someone would let me know who to order them from. If they are available of course!

Thanks!

Raval
September 26th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Jenda I just sent you an email for a quote.

I was one of the purchasers of the posters, would be nice if you had a mailing list informing past purchasers and anyone else who is interested when new products are available.

Raval
September 26th, 2007, 08:12 PM
About the system 76 badges, I'm in Guyana, South America. Guyana next to Venezuela and if I were to send a self addressed envelope it would be with a Guyanese stamp, I don't think this would work. Any advice?

Raval
December 9th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Jenda I just sent you an email for a quote.

I was one of the purchasers of the posters, would be nice if you had a mailing list informing past purchasers and anyone else who is interested when new products are available.

Jenda I sent you a payment since October 15th. and emailed you November 27th. for an update but I haven't heard or received anything from you.

winterfire
January 3rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
Do you have any case badges for XUbuntu or EdUbuntu?

Raval
January 3rd, 2008, 10:39 PM
Do you have any case badges for XUbuntu or EdUbuntu?

Good luck! I never got mine nor a response.

dj2quick
May 10th, 2008, 07:38 PM
are these still even being produced? i would really like one and would hate to have missed out on the oportunity.

Jenda
May 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I still have them on stock and some more are being printed, but my response rate to orders is about 6 months. So, feel free to send me an order (by mail please), but expect it to take till summer for me to ship them or even respond.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Raval
May 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM
I still have them on stock and some more are being printed, but my response rate to orders is about 6 months. So, feel free to send me an order (by mail please), but expect it to take till summer for me to ship them or even respond.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

So all of a sudden you magically appear? where were you when I was sending you emails asking about my order?

you got my money and I got no response no stickers.

Jenda
May 14th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry Raval, yours is one of the oldest unfinished orders I have. Fact is, I didn't notice it was already paid for. If you wish, I can send you the $5 back immediately, or I can send you the stickers once I start biting through the backlog (probably starting on June 10, after my last exam.)

To be honest, I stopped being able to keep up with the orders sometime in October and stopped responding to them entirely in November, as school and work both got tougher. My Exams end at the beginning of June, and I'm unemployed till July. In teh meantime, I should be able to catch up with my loose ends.

bmathis
May 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Im not sure how much Jenda is selling these bad boys for and I'm not trying to hijack his thread, but I have about 100 that I can part with. They were from the bulk purchase made by the Mass LoCo team, you can see them here (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam/Projects/AluminiumCaseBadges).

If anyone might be interested, you can shoot me an email at bmathis [at] bmnetworking [dot] com

Jenda
May 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM
bmathis: Great, that could offload some pressure :)

A propos, there's a price list somewhere on the wiki.

wootah
May 14th, 2008, 08:44 PM
A good question is how can end users create the aluminum (metal, or whatever they are made out of) based stickers?

Does anyone have any information about this process?

wootah
May 23rd, 2008, 05:37 PM
bump?

LaRoza
May 23rd, 2008, 06:10 PM
bump?
I was interested myself. I found some services online that will do custom orders.

I also found: http://www.vistaincapable.com/

Raval
May 23rd, 2008, 06:44 PM
I'm sorry Raval, yours is one of the oldest unfinished orders I have. Fact is, I didn't notice it was already paid for. If you wish, I can send you the $5 back immediately, or I can send you the stickers once I start biting through the backlog (probably starting on June 10, after my last exam.)

To be honest, I stopped being able to keep up with the orders sometime in October and stopped responding to them entirely in November, as school and work both got tougher. My Exams end at the beginning of June, and I'm unemployed till July. In teh meantime, I should be able to catch up with my loose ends.

Send the stickers.

orethrius
May 28th, 2008, 02:42 AM
Jenda, when you're on next, we should talk. I'm employed now and willing to throw some cash at the problem if that'll help the situation at all. :)