PDA

View Full Version : can't compile a simple c gtk in Kdevelop?

loell
September 1st, 2006, 01:04 AM
i installed kdevelop and copy paste this in
main.c inside a project

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main( int argc,
char *argv[] )
{
GtkWidget *window;

gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

window = gtk_window_new (GTK_WINDOW_TOPLEVEL);
gtk_widget_show (window);

gtk_main ();

return 0;
}

from here (http://www.gtk.org/tutorial/c39.html)

yes the code does compile successfuly if compiled from the command line with this

gcc base.c -o base `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`

i've read a little about the kdevelop docs, but i can't seem to compile this from Kdevelop IDE

i keep geting this error

error: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory

and yes i have the gtk-dev installed. perhaps some of you know a little bit about makefiles?

Bob Unitt
December 6th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Loell, I have exactly the same problem - did you ever find the answer ?

Bob Unitt
December 6th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Loell, I have exactly the same problem - did you ever find the answer ?

I've now found the answer - so, for anybody else whose desperate search leads them to this thread:-

Select the KDevelop menu item 'Project Options',
Select the tab 'Configure Options',
Copy the string `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` into the fields 'CCPFLAGS' and 'LDFLAGS'.
Repeat for all three configurations (drop down list at top of window).

HTH

loell
December 7th, 2006, 06:18 AM
its been a while since i posted this, :)

but with anjuta , its more easier, just select gtk project , and all makefiles and configuration will be handled by anjuta.

Bob Unitt
December 7th, 2006, 12:41 PM
its been a while since i posted this, :) but with anjuta , its more easier, just select gtk project , and all makefiles and configuration will be handled by anjuta.

Thanks, I'll give it a try; but I'm not clear if these IDE's can interfere with each other - do I need to uninstall KDevelop first, or will they co-exist peacefully ?

loell
December 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
yeah they can coexist with each other , but are you on edgy or dapper? cause if you're in dapper its good to go , but if your on edgy the version of anjuta on edgy is trash ,

you can install the older version of anjuta on edgy by following this Thread (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=288480&highlight=edgy+anjuta)

Bob Unitt
December 7th, 2006, 04:03 PM
yeah they can coexist with each other , but are you on edgy or dapper? cause if you're in dapper its good to go , but if your on edgy the version of anjuta on edgy is trash

I'm on Dapper, so I'll give it a try (but probably not till the weekend).