PDA

View Full Version : commandos + wine or commandos + cedega

dawg
August 30th, 2006, 04:40 PM
don't know if y'all remember commandos behind enemy lines or not, but all you need to know is that this game kicks ***. anyways i found my copy and decided to install it on my laptop, running dapper. the problem i ran into was that it ran too fast in wine, i tried using the 98 emulation, but it still ran too fast, even with 95. so i decided to use cedega, and well, it was worst. the game would open a closing screen. mean that a screen would pop up and shut it self. heres whats on the laptop. amd athlon 64 @2.2G and 1024 ram with an ATI 9600 OR 9550. i was able to run it on my BRAND SPANKING NEW TOP OF THE LINE GATEWAY COMPY, it had an Intel Celeron processor running at a whopping 500Mhz, win 98 se, cant remember the ram, or the intel graphics chipset that was in. any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandos

dawg
August 30th, 2006, 11:15 PM
anybody know how to slow down a cpu maybe?????

dawg
September 1st, 2006, 11:03 PM
nevermind, i got the game to work on MEPIS by installing cpukiller with wine. that made it possible for me to bring my cpu clock down and the game ran fine. btw im just playing around with mepis, i'll revert to UBUNTU soon.

ZylGadis
September 2nd, 2006, 06:36 PM
Calm down, noone will bash you for using another linux distro :) Your information is pretty useful, actually, as Commandos is a great game. I am certain there should be a better way to make the game run with its normal speed, and I might get around to it soon.

Jaymac
January 3rd, 2008, 07:26 PM
Probably a bug with the game itself as it behaves the same way when installed on Windows XP.

Artificial Intelligence
January 3rd, 2008, 09:39 PM
Please check the date of the thread.

Thread closed due to necromancing.