PDA

View Full Version : Font size

bob k
April 8th, 2005, 07:18 AM
The new format looks great, but the font size has increased, which means the page won't fit on my screen now. It's a real pain to use horz scrolling to read a post.

kassetra
April 8th, 2005, 07:49 AM
The new format looks great, but the font size has increased, which means the page won't fit on my screen now. It's a real pain to use horz scrolling to read a post.

Is that on all of the forum areas?

bob k
April 8th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Yes, it is the whole forum

trash
April 11th, 2005, 04:29 PM
similar problem here, but just the forum view and actual threads

font size is ok for...
Ubuntu Linux Forums > Ubuntu Community Cafe > UbuntuForums Site Help > Font size
and 'additional options' section below where i'm writing this.

'Welcome' info is a size or two larger as well as the 'topic review' section

the forum view seems to be even larger than anywhere else.

ubuntu-geek
April 11th, 2005, 04:37 PM
What browser? What are your OS fonts and browser fonts set to? Also please provide a screenshot.

trash
April 11th, 2005, 04:54 PM
firefox
ppc
832x624

system fonts:
apps sans 8
desktop sans 8
window title sans 8
terminal monospace8
resolution says 85 but it's not acurate

firefox uses system settings for resolution
serif 9
serif 9
sans serif 9
monospace 9

ubuntu-geek
April 11th, 2005, 08:38 PM
I dont see a problem other then the windows is to little for the top navigation. in a 800x600 and higher mode the site is fine. It wasn't setup to work in smaller resolutions..

I can make some modifications to the top menu, but the site fonts are how they should be.

trash
April 11th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Oh sorry, maybe it's just the layout or something/me but this is the only forum I notice this.

I can't modify it anymore than i have from here otherwise I can't even read whats on other webpages... just my opinion but I do think the fonts could be easily a size or two smaller.

ubuntu-geek
April 11th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Do you mean in the screenshot how the fonts are "fuzzy" looking?

trash
April 11th, 2005, 10:17 PM
No, i'm used to the fuzzies... i think this screen is like 20 years old lol
I think it is really just the size... example, your last post with 1 line of text took almost the entire browser window... I really think it's just a matter of taste thats all... i like things more compacted...actually what i always do now is decrease the text size in firefox view, just once is enough to make a big difference.:)

ubuntu-geek
April 11th, 2005, 10:42 PM
No, i'm used to the fuzzies... i think this screen is like 20 years old lol
I think it is really just the size... example, your last post with 1 line of text took almost the entire browser window... I really think it's just a matter of taste thats all... i like things more compacted...actually what i always do now is decrease the text size in firefox view, just once is enough to make a big difference.:)
I made some changes to the default fonts.. I hope that will fix up some stuff..

trash
April 11th, 2005, 11:02 PM
top navigation bar looks great, i'm not noticing any other changes... there are no doubt better fonts i could be using which i haven't looked into at all... and then again I bet a new screen would make a big difference to hehe.
thanks so much eh, you guys have really done an awesome job here.

bob k
April 13th, 2005, 07:02 AM
I figured it out. I've got the middle aged can't see sh*t, so I dropped my FireFox font size to 96 dpi @ 17 font that works pretty good. It was at default @ 18

I'm sure there are alot of people with my problem, that the fonts have to be large enough to read with a 1280 x 1024 display.

Anyway I have it where I need it

Bob