PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Medical Ubuntu Forums

rattlerviper
August 30th, 2006, 01:36 AM
The Medical Ubuntu project now has our own forums up and running. We will continue to use the forums here for communications with new people...If you consider yourself a regular poster or have intrest in the medical Ubuntu project (known as LinuxForClinics on the WWW) please head over to our forums and register...Maybe we can help keep at least a *little* load off the servers here on UF.

The link to the forums is http://linuxforclinics.org/smf/index.php

We plan to keep close ties with Ubuntu Forums and will continue to use the space they have graciously provided for talking to new people who will likely not know about out project. We have alot of activity that will be coming up soon and would like to avoid placing additional a aditional load on the server here.

RAV TUX
August 30th, 2006, 02:17 AM
The Medical Ubuntu project now has our own forums up and running. We will continue to use the forums here for communications with new people...If you consider yourself a regular poster or have intrest in the medical Ubuntu project (known as LinuxForClinics on the WWW) please head over to our forums and register...Maybe we can help keep at least a *little* load off the servers here on UF.

The link to the forums is http://linuxforclinics.org/smf/index.php

We plan to keep close ties with Ubuntu Forums and will continue to use the space they have graciously provided for talking to new people who will likely not know about out project. We have alot of activity that will be coming up soon and would like to avoid placing additional a aditional load on the server here.

Awesome news I have signed up as a registered member, let me know if you need any help:p

Jozef

rattlerviper
August 30th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Awesome news I have signed up as a registered member, let me know if you need any help:p

Jozef

Thanks Jozef...I apreciate the offer, I am sure there's some questions I'll be asking you soon!

RAV TUX
August 30th, 2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks Jozef...I apreciate the offer, I am sure there's some questions I'll be asking you soon!

no problem

(great sig by the way....may I suggest alphabetical order?:p:p)

rattlerviper
August 31st, 2006, 07:58 AM
no problem

(great sig by the way....may I suggest alphabetical order?:p:p)
Alphabetical order it is!:p

Just got done adding a fully integrated chatroom to the forums. No need to long into the chatroom once you are logged into the forums:D I should add that Java is needed to use the chat feature. I had tried quite of the Php modules and found them very slow in comparision and bandwidth hogs on top of it. So the end result is 1 item I am unable to stay open source on for the project website(they are working on it though!).
Added a few user features such as a ignore button to the forums and will continue to add more. Already added most of the necassary features for the mods such as visual warnings(like the burnt bean thing only not:-k ) the ability to merge topics and posts to keep a orderly forum.