PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Multiple Screen Setup Configuration Issues (screenshots will folow later - maybe)

mrdasa
April 6th, 2021, 03:15 PM
I've testen Kubuntu 20.04.02 with latest updates until now in a multi screen setup (kernel 5.8.46). I used a Thinkpad P50 (NVIDIA Quaddro) and a Thinkpad p14s (AMD VEGA 7). The behavior is the same and not related to the gfx chipset driver - i think so.. After booting - each of the three screens showed me the correct content and order as i expected. When i change something in the monitor manager (Anzeige-Einrichtung in german) then at least one screen of the three became fully white-flickering when i moved the mouse cursor over that screen and got dark when the mouse was out. As i said the same behavior i have on this two differnt gfx cards and drivers and with nativ docking station that do not use the DisplayPort technology. Its seems to me at the moment that its an instability issue of higher layers than an issue of a driver. I do not know exactly but i placed it here. In addition if i use an USB Docking-Station (Lenovo Ultra Dock USB3) that uses DisplayPort, the behavior is almost the same with the flickering, but when i close the screen of the notebook everything slows down and the desktop-environment is almost useless (maybe related to the current DisplayPort drivers only). This very important feature (multiscreen) is really far away from a good stable experience. But i can live with it for now as from an ubuntu boot without changing something in the monitor manager it will work often. But when i change the input of the monitors to other source i just have to reboot kubuntu to get it to work again. its a lot of pain during work.

Thanx for helping!