PDA

View Full Version : Private Jet

mIk3_08
March 14th, 2021, 07:03 AM
Anybody of you here in the community knows about private jet for hire or any government jet for important matters to use? connections to help purposes. Any contacts?

TheFu
March 14th, 2021, 06:41 PM
There are lots of charter jet companies around the world who will provide a ride for a price. But that will be a fairly local question. The cargo will matter greatly too. You can setup a trip using an AN-225 or AN-124 if you like or a B757 or something smaller like a Folker or Cessna. The smaller the plane, the more localized the rental/crew will be, since getting a Cessna from Europe to South Africa doesn't make sense.

I googled "rent a jet" and found lots of charter companies.

Sometimes, if you have 7+ people flying, getting a charter flight is the same price as flying 1st class commercial. More people just makes more sense, because the flight doesn't leave until you say in either direction. If you are going multi-stop in the same day, it can be even more efficient, since you'll fly into smaller airports that are in-town.

At one company where I worked, we had 2 planes that did multiple daily trips between 2 specific locations for employees and contractors. It was determined this was cheaper than paying for the wasted time and mileage of vehicles. They flew out of an airport that was closer for almost everyone than the huge international, commercial, airport here. It was nice to show up 5 minutes before a flight, park for free inside the gate, show the company badge and get on the plane - saving at least 90 minutes each way vs road travel. It made commercial travel a hardship. Nobody patted me down for weapons or took my tiny keychain knife and water bottle away, like happens here on commercial flights. The negative, was no FFQ mileage, no hotel perks, but not being away from home overnight was very nice and their wasn't any reimbursement paperwork.

QIII
March 14th, 2021, 07:01 PM
I've flown in a lot of government jets.

I've never landed in one, though.

TheFu
March 14th, 2021, 11:39 PM
Funny.
Not many people get thrown out jets. Usually it is prop or turbo-prop planes.

And if you are ejecting, after the 3rd time, they should take your wings way - for having really bad luck.

BTW, my father flew B-58s, O-1s and another er ... 8-engine model, not made by Avro.

QIII
March 15th, 2021, 10:11 PM
Funny.
Not many people get thrown out jets.

C-5 Galaxy. I jumped out of a lot of them -- by choice. Never landed in one. The Air Force kept throwing our equipment out the back door and we'd have to jump out and find the biggest pieces.

TheFu
March 15th, 2021, 11:23 PM
C-5 Galaxy. I jumped out of a lot of them -- by choice. Never landed in one. The Air Force kept throwing our equipment out the back door and we'd have to jump out and find the biggest pieces.

I've been in a few of those, but never in the air. ;) AF-brat.

jeremy31
March 16th, 2021, 12:30 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a C5, but I heard one landed at Sheppard AFB while I was there and it took out some lights on the runway when it landed. I have been in a few C130's

QIII
March 16th, 2021, 03:59 AM
I've been in a lot of C-130s. I actually landed in those a couple of times. Scared me silly and I always said I'd rather jump out of them to be safe.

him610
March 16th, 2021, 06:52 PM
C-5 Galaxy.
My father worked on those at the Lockheed plant in Marietta GA back in the '60s.

QIII
March 16th, 2021, 07:25 PM
Oooh! I forgot about the C-141. That one was actually the smoothest exit.

mIk3_08
March 19th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Thank you guys. I just got back attended a burial from my relatives.
And I am so sorry guys I wasn't able to mention the specific place/location (destination) from where and when to fly. It was an important fly from U.S.A New York to Philippines with two passengers only. The situation is very critical due to pandemic. The post was too short and incomplete due to emergency situation and I got panic. I'm in a hurry. But all is well now.
Now I am back on track again here in the community. It feels so good to be here again.
I am not able to get some internet for 4 days due to internet connectivity I had for 4 days. I only use 3G network where internet connection was very poor, even opening an email took me so long to open it. The internet loads always. The area in that place is not that well for wireless internet connectivity. There are only selected areas that is covered with good signal with 3G internet that can give you very stable internet connection here in Philippines. And now I am back life must go on. the globe is round and it never stops turning so. life must go on. Again, Thanks a lot and God Bless us all.

TheFu
March 19th, 2021, 03:08 PM
If this comes up again, be aware that airlines have "bereavement deals" if you are flying for a funeral, perhaps with a body. I took my Mom home this way 8 yrs ago.

mIk3_08
March 20th, 2021, 10:45 AM
If this comes up again, be aware that airlines have "bereavement deals" if you are flying for a funeral, perhaps with a body. I took my Mom home this way 8 yrs ago. Thanks a lot TheFu for the concern. Don't worry, next time I'll be more detailed.

kurt18947
March 21st, 2021, 04:42 PM
Thanks a lot TheFu for the concern. Don't worry, next time I'll be more detailed.

U.S. to Philippines would have been a chunk of change. Just for grins I went to evojet.com/charter-flight-cost-calculator. 2 suppliers listed, the cheaper one was $229,700 to $$261,100. This is New York (Teterboro) to Manilla round trip. 17 to 18 hour flight each way. Airplanes capable of these flights cost probably $40 million to $50 million+ new.