PDA

View Full Version : What is "grub-efi-amd64-signed:" error message

aughey
March 1st, 2021, 01:28 AM
What is "grub-efi-amd64-signed:" My laptop now has a red circle with a white line in its centre at the top of my screen. This gives me the message below when I click on it.

It doesn't appear to make any difference to performance or functionality of my 20.10 installationbut it does seem to completely prevent me updating the installed software.

QIII
March 1st, 2021, 01:40 AM
Hello.

If you want support, please don't link to an image that requires a Google login to view. People will either not be able to see it, choose not to log in or log in and view it. You've cut your chances of having anyone look by a large percentage.

You man use the attachment facility in the forums software by clicking the "paper clip" button above the text entry box.

aughey
March 11th, 2021, 01:13 AM
I didnt know how to uploaqd a pic directly but I do now thanks. Any advice how to rid my system of this error gladly recieved

DuckHook
March 11th, 2021, 08:05 AM
Duplicate of: https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2458456

That thread has been closed.

Please do not double post as it confuses those trying to help and dilutes community effort. It is permissible to *bump* a thread every 12 hours to surface it from the depths of the forums.