PDA

View Full Version : Web Browser, Local File Directory, Notation Lists, and their Bookmarking Systems

cyberhiker001
February 21st, 2021, 10:46 PM
For the past twelve years I have been researching and developing a system that would be relatively universal for organizing lists. Although the three applications that I list; web browsers, file managers, and notation systems have the same general system, the bookmarking is different.

And basically, I am wondering if anybody else has developed a system.

I believe that the "better system" enhances the student's comprehension of the information that is being transferred.

I wonder if systems developed by parents unwittingly lead their children into a less than enhanced comprehension. And do schools suggest anything like a template system for children to begin with?

Any ideas out there?

TheFu
February 22nd, 2021, 06:55 AM
I use vim. There are plenty of organizers and vim is infinitely customizable. vimwiki is good, but there is org.vim and a few other organization addons for vim. Just depends on the person and taste. Plus, since I'm already really good with vim, I didn't have to load or learn some other system. Master an editor on Linux and you have mastered much of the system.

Over the decades I've used lots of different organization methods, tools, and devices. None of them are great mainly because they are too fixed. In the end, I use a multi-tabbed spreadsheet. It isn't tied to any program. I'm happy with gnumeric, libreoffice, google docs, or whatever. It just needs multiple tabs and sort-able columns. That's it. I wasted entirely too much time looking at software and products and devices just to manage a simple todo list. Any spreadsheet can do that, but with 10 extra columns to capture other related information, there's nothing as flexible.

mastablasta
February 24th, 2021, 03:15 PM
who needs lists and organisation systems anyway. just mash it all together. :P