PDA

View Full Version : You have to love Google's sense of humor

gw90se
April 7th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Some of youy may have already seen this, but I just noticed it today. If you go to Google and go into the area to change your search preferences, look at the languages. Not only do they have the standard languages, but you can select to display your results in Klingon, Pig-Latin, Elmer Fudd and others. :razz:

I like it when the big companys show they have a sense of humor, too.

jdodson
April 7th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Some of youy may have already seen this, but I just noticed it today. If you go to Google and go into the area to change your search preferences, look at the languages. Not only do they have the standard languages, but you can select to display your results in Klingon, Pig-Latin, Elmer Fudd and others. :razz:

I like it when the big companys show they have a sense of humor, too.

http://www.google.com/googlegulp/

skoal
April 7th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Oops! The joke's on me...

I switched it to Klingon. I tried it out. Nothing to see here, move along. Then I went back to try and change it back to English. First, I couldn't find what Klingon was for "Preferences", then after much linkage trial and error, I think I recognized the Preferences page.

However, I'm currently in a dilemna. The closest I could find for "English" in Kilingon was "Esps' kapla". Tried that and now I'm in "esperanto"?!

I'm in quicksand here fellas. I can't seem to find anything related to "English" now. I need a translator. Outisde of that, how do you reset the Google preferences completely?

/edit Nevermind! I found Elmer Fudd and got "Prefewences" and "Engwish"...whew!

HungSquirrel
April 7th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Clear your cookies in Firefox. ;)

gw90se
April 7th, 2005, 09:18 PM
I messed up, too. I just used the back button to get to where I could read it again.

Also, check this out: Yagoohoogle (http://yagoohoogle.com/) Enter a worrd or phrase to search. It works!

Ubunted
April 7th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I'm partial to the Swedish Chef myself.

Bork bork bork!

ninamodi
October 29th, 2008, 07:14 PM
This is an old thread, too bad!

Google rules the world and I could not do anything (survive) without them. I know that they know who I am and I know that they are helping me out. And since I used to do a tiny bit of work for them, I know that they have a wicked sense of humour, as you have seen (many creative entities do, you know)

I love them. I really do. Thank you google, I am grateful for your services (especially the books one - I used to use books to escape from my childhood - it is a pleasure to see them online in a normal state). I also love google maps, it takes GIS to a whole new level.

Well done, guys!

aaaantoine
October 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM
I know this is a necromanced thread, but these days they have a link for "Google.com in English" at the bottom when you're browsing a different language.

t0p
October 29th, 2008, 10:31 PM
I know this is a necromanced thread, but these days they have a link for "Google.com in English" at the bottom when you're browsing a different language.

Phew, thank heaven for that! I've been stuck on Klingon for the past 3 years!

;)

MasterNetra
October 29th, 2008, 10:35 PM
I'm partial to the Swedish Chef myself.

Bork bork bork!

bork bork bork is awesome XD Isn't that a language from starwars...that annoying character that people dream of killing?

RiceMonster
October 29th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Hacker's my favourite language. I actually used that regularly for a little while until the amusement wore off.

earthpigg
October 29th, 2008, 10:36 PM

thanks! i, too, have been stuck in Late Classical Greek for the last several years.

MasterNetra
October 29th, 2008, 10:39 PM
thanks! i, too, have been stuck in Late Classical Greek for the last several years.

I thought you would of been prone to pig-latin? :P

earthpigg
October 29th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I thought you would of been prone to pig-latin? :P

well, i speak that (obviously) so i use it when i choose without a hitch!

Sam
October 29th, 2008, 11:17 PM
bork bork bork is awesome XD Isn't that a language from starwars...that annoying character that people dream of killing?

No, this is the Swedish Chef (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_chef) in the Muppet Show...

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strollerderby/2008/01/08-15/swedish_chef.jpg

The guy in Star Wars is Jar Jar Binks (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jar_Jar_Binks).

elmer_42
October 29th, 2008, 11:44 PM
If you go to Google and go into the area to change your search preferences, look at the languages... Elmer Fudd
This is the one I use. It's a great conversation starter.

Polygon
October 30th, 2008, 12:56 AM
The video game guild wars (basically a MMORPG) is entirely translated into Bork Bork Bork!

and this is no small feat. This is a MMORPG, they have to translate ALL of the NPC dialog, all of the skill descriptions, class descriptions, quests, etc. It might of started out as a joke, but whoever the hell is doing the translating for them is not literally an expert at bork bork bork!

barbedsaber
October 30th, 2008, 02:14 AM
You can change to facebook language to English pirate BETA. ARR

d_skillz
October 30th, 2008, 02:34 AM
lol

kabotage
October 30th, 2008, 02:41 AM
go to google the type find chuck norris and click im feeling lucky and LOL