PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] "bluetooth manager" won't delete nonexistent bluetooth device

helen314
November 18th, 2020, 02:13 AM
This is a specific question for actual users of Ubuntu (16.05.7) "bluetooth manager" software .
This "canned " software comes as standard application, with 16.04 seems to always run "scan for nearby devices " either "automatically" or when it is optioned to do so. That is NOT my main issue for now.

I have recently been visited by EMT crew and my PC "bluetooth manager" scanned and detected their portable PC.
Fine.

I have tried to REMOVE / delete detected bluetooth device - power down , reboot...
I can only attempt to "pair" with this nonexistent device, and of course it fails.
I can initialize bluetooth manager "scan" and it does not find it , but it is still in "bluetooth manager " sub menu and can be enabled(!) or turned off.

How can I get rid of non- existent bluetooth device - preferably using the software "bluetooth manager" which found and keep finding it in the first place?

Please - reply only if you are current user of "bluetooth manager" - in any Ubuntu version.

Thanks