PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Zoom join button disabled

jimhce
November 17th, 2020, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I installed the latest version Zoom v 5.4 on Ubuntu, but the join button is disabled in grey color, how to fix it?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

SeijiSensei
November 17th, 2020, 11:59 PM
On which screen? The initial one with "Join a Meeting" and "Sign In"? If you sign in, can you still not join a meeting?

grahammechanical
November 18th, 2020, 03:59 AM
I have been using zoom-client on Ubuntu for some time. I have the 5.4 version and the three join buttons that I have to click to join a meeting are all coloured blue and clickable. The second join button only goes blue after I have entered the meeting ID. The third join button only goes blue after I have entered the meeting password.

If you open the Ubuntu software store and search for zoom-client the page for the app will give you some settings (permissions) you can adjust. Changing one of those settings may fix the problem.

Regards

jimhce
November 18th, 2020, 06:57 AM
Thanks all response, I figured out I cannot use mouse to paste my meeting id, if I type the meeting ID, the Join button can be activated to blue, why those app GUI guy to design to forbid using copy / paste meeting I rather than to force tying boiling numbers?

SeijiSensei
November 18th, 2020, 04:10 PM
I copy and paste meeting IDs all the time. I just logged in and pasted an ID in the "Join a Meeting" dialog. The Join button turned blue when I did so.

Are you using the .deb from here: https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting