PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 20.04.1 Server Unattended Autoinstall from USB stick help

ssingh80
October 15th, 2020, 11:43 PM
I am trying to build a USB flash drive with Ubuntu server 20.04.1 installation which is unattended using the autoinstall.yaml. I have the autoinstall ready, just do not know where i can place it in the downloaded ISO or USB drive to have the installation read it. I am looking for a true unattended, do not want to enter command during boot process (if this is the only option it will also do).

Would someone be able to provide me step by step instructions how I can update the ISO with my custom autoinstall file or have the flash drive read it. The autoinstall guide does not provide details regarding USB drive installation, i tried to follow everything available online with out any luck.

I know there is worry if someone puts that drive into their computer and boot from it will wipe everything, that is not a concern because it will be only with one person.

It would be very helpful as this would allow me to use the entire disk during installation and avoid Clonezilla if hard drive in our systems change over time. I am currently using Clonezilla and then have to use gparted to resize the hard drive.

Having a custom USB with Ubuntu 20.04.1 from a flash drive is helpful.

Please help.