PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Xubuntu 20.04 can't move or remove xfce4-status-notifier plugin

lou6
October 15th, 2020, 10:55 PM
Title says it all - I have the xfce4-status-notifier plugin on my top panel and cannot move or remove it. Right-click usually presents some options (move/remove) but not for this item. Not a huge problem but I have read that this indicator is deprecated in the latest Xfce and would like to use something else to monitor my wifi connection.

ajgreeny
October 15th, 2020, 11:09 PM
Have a look in the settings-manager - notifications section and you can make a lot of changes to how it shows, if that is the applet or plugin you're asking about.

lou6
October 16th, 2020, 12:11 AM
That's not what I'm referring to. The applet in question is the xfce4-statusnotifier-plugin. What makes this even stranger is that my wife's desktop has the same plugin on the top panel but hers can be right-clicked and has options to move/remove. Both our desktops were created on the same day.

Is there a way to remove the applet from the panel on my desktop? I've tried reinstalling the applet in synaptic with no joy.

lou6
October 16th, 2020, 02:04 AM
Never mind - I found how to remove items in the xfce4 docs. Still does not explain why my wife's Status Notifier plugin is different than mine...in addition, my plugin is blue, hers is white - don't know what this could mean since they both have the same name.