PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to log in to Ubuntu 20.04.1 Local Fossa

ganxopowah
October 12th, 2020, 11:41 AM
Hi there

I just have a problem at logging in to ubuntu 20.04 with my rasperry pi 4, here's the issue:
I wabted to install an ubuntu server for my rasperry (because I want to test it and try some stuff on it) So i downloaded an SquashFS image for an OS manager called berryboot, and then started the problems:
After installing and launching ubuntu, I noticed that the system hasdn't started as good as his older version (18.04.1) So i tried to login with the user and password that the website gave to me (user: ubuntu, password: ubuntu) and tthen it was incorrect, so i tried with root, pi, etc... and nothing happened, and that's why I'm here now, i need some help from you
Thanks for your contribution

TheFu
October 12th, 2020, 08:07 PM
My advice is to head back to the page where the distro was downloaded and look for the login/password there or in a README file.

Normal Ubuntu gets the password set during the install process. you know, those 10 pages of questions. I have no idea how a r-pi image would set the man userid or login/password, since the "install" is just a clone of some distro.

ganxopowah
October 14th, 2020, 03:07 PM
I've already done it, and unfortunately the users and password are wrong, so I'm looking for solutions in this forum.
The user was Ubuntu in both user and password, and the only distribution you can download is the basic ubuntu server, then after you update the system you can download a desktop (ubuntu, ubuntu mate...)

Thanks for your contribution

ajgreeny
October 14th, 2020, 03:31 PM
I don't know Rasb-Pi either but check the username, which if like a normal installation, must all be in lower case, so Ubuntu will certainly be incorrect but it may be ubuntu, though the password Ubuntu may be OK.

ganxopowah
October 15th, 2020, 04:33 PM
Maybe the image is corrupted or something else, but it doesn't seem like that. I also tried with another image of ubuntu 18.04.1 lts and it worked, so the reason is that I don't understand why in this version doesn't work properly
Thank you for your contribution, I'll try with something different :D