PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Applications missing on search or show Applications

Robbyx
September 28th, 2020, 11:25 PM
I have just upgraded from 18.04 to 20.04. I did a clean install into \ but retained the separate directory for \home ie \home was not reformated, but \ was reformated.

None of the applications display when I click on "show applications" in the grome shell dash to dock produced dock. None are found by way of a search on the desktop. Thus if I search on update or software nothing is found. The actual program icons in the dock such as Firefox are showing, but they are not the system type apps, which are missing.

I checked fstab with blkid and it seems ok.

What do you think I have overlooked?

Robbyx
September 29th, 2020, 01:36 PM
Any chance of a reply?

Robbyx
September 29th, 2020, 02:34 PM
I think I need to clarify what has happened. The apps which are not being found by the search box on the desktop, are the built in apps like the startup manager. When I put 'startup' in the search bar I get no hits and see no icons for the favourites or recently used programs. I checked synaptic and the startup manager is installed.

I am finding it hard to use Ubuntu 20.4 because I can't find the basic programs.

Robbyx
September 29th, 2020, 05:46 PM
I decided to reinstall and this caused the search, etc to come back in a working form. No need to comment further.