PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] software updater says up to date but it isnt

gertrude58
July 19th, 2020, 12:12 PM
I have settings on the software updater set to inform me of any new release,not just long term releases. I have LTR 20.04 installed but I see there is a newer one available,20.10.But when i check it's not telling me I can download it. What can I do to get the latest release?

CatKiller
July 19th, 2020, 12:44 PM
20.10 won't be released until October. You can tell by the name. When that version is released you still won't want to switch away from the LTS release unless you really have to.

guiverc
July 19th, 2020, 01:04 PM
FYI:

Ubuntu groovy is currently a development release, and I'm running it now. It won't become Ubuntu 20.10 until as @CatKiller said, it's released in 2020-October (22nd is the current scheduled date), if you want to look at the schedule visit

https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/groovy-gorilla-release-schedule/15531

Where did you see a later release? as it's likely you misread it.

You can use the development release, just as I bumped to groovy ~30 hours after 20.04's release, and likewise bumped to focal (what became 20.04) similar hours after the eoan release (ie. 19.10) and likewise prior release.

Being on the development release has risks though, as it's not a stable release, so be aware you may have problems. Development risks also mean some support sites won't support you (however there is a section on Ubuntu Forums that does!)