PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] can not install Kubuntu 20.04 on my laptop

Jaladhi_R_Trivedi
July 12th, 2020, 02:22 PM
I am using Ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop as it has 3 gb of ram I will not be able to upgrade to 20.04 so I downloaded Kubuntu 20.04 and made bootable USB disk with balenaetcher. On trying to install the Kubuntu the installer appears on the screen after checking the usb with option of try kubuntu and install kubuntu but even after moving the cursar and clicking on it installation doesn't start. Installer doesn't respond to anything except changing the language by shift keys. Is there anyway to solve this?

Autodave
July 13th, 2020, 12:36 PM
Since no one else has jumped in......are you clicking on the icon or on the words? You need to click the icon.

Jaladhi_R_Trivedi
July 22nd, 2020, 06:04 PM
I tried it but the touchpad won't work. up and down arrow key changes the language, tab key highlights the option of try kubuntu and install kubuntu but on clicking the enter key the process doesn't start. This doesn't happen with ubuntu or xubuntu.

GhX6GZMB
July 22nd, 2020, 06:58 PM
If you're in the "Try Kubuntu" screen, only the keyboard arrows and Enter will work.

Autodave
July 22nd, 2020, 10:10 PM
Borrow or get a mouse and plug it in before you boot.

ActionParsnip
July 23rd, 2020, 12:04 PM
Did you MD5 test the ISO you downloaded, or use torrents to download the file?

Jaladhi_R_Trivedi
July 23rd, 2020, 01:11 PM
It worked after attaching the mouse after installation touchpad was not working but started working after
Installation of xorg server synaptic input
Thanks for the help ��