PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No applications shown following the click on tiles at bottom left

magodfrey81
June 5th, 2020, 11:48 AM
Having installed Ubuntu 20.04 I am unable to access any of the programs installed. Clicking onto the tiles, bottom left removes the desktop screen and replaces it with a darkish blank screen with the 'Type to Search' window at top, the 'Frequent' and 'All' units are also there. Typing a program name in the window provided only results in the 'Searching' icon. The left column has Firefox, my Libre Office programs, Software Updater, Backups, and Help showing, all of them work properly. I've loaded programs manually, Thunderbird started manually and took up all messages (including photos) and addresses automatically from my separately set, untouched /Home. All of my Libre Office files can be bought in the standard way from my /Home. I've searched for some switching of this Activities facility but have found nothing. What, if anything, can be done. In the mean time I'll carry on using this OS to run my main usage 'Libre Office'.