PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] software popup menu gripe

Lambertus
May 17th, 2020, 01:39 AM
It is a pain that Ubuntu 18.04 software programs have popup windows that are glued to the software main window.
Often I want to look at the information in the main window to enter information in the popup window: and cannot.
If you move the popup the whole main window goes with it.

What is the point?

uRock
May 17th, 2020, 01:45 AM
What popups are you talking about? Got screenshots?

Lambertus
May 18th, 2020, 06:21 AM
Have a screenshot and the attachment system is not working (will not show the file that was uploaded so it can be dragged in to the attachment box.....)
Have screen capture video in mkv, and system will not permit it.

You can re-create the situation by opening LibreOffice and clicking on >Format>Watermark
Which opens a pop up.
Drag the pop up around with the mouse and it will minimize the libreoffice main window and drag that around with the pop up.
Same situation in LibreCAD and other programs.
At times I want to look at the information in the main window to enter something in the pop up, but cannot because the pop up cannot be moved out of the way.

Lambertus
May 23rd, 2020, 06:19 PM
The attachment system worked today. A screenshot of the issue shows the text menu window of LibreCAD over the greyed out main window. The main window went grey when the text menu was grabbed with the mouse and moved. The main window then minimized and moved with the text menu window.

My issue is that, like this case, I want to type the text into the text window box that is now hidden behind the text menu window in the main window.
Why do I have to copy in this case? Because the text in the main window is made up of line elements, and I need to convert it to a font entry.