PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_mate] How make Mate 20 look like Mate 16?

agrayray
May 6th, 2020, 06:33 PM
I would like switch my Ubuntu Mate 20 look and feel back to "exactly what it was" with Ubuntu Mate 16....old default wallpaper, old icon colors for folders in file manager, window highlight and scroll bars in particular.

I upgraded to Mate 20 a little while ago and find the new look unpleasing and difficult. The lighter green seems to hurt my eyes after a while. I notice this the most with new green "ubuntu mate wallpaper" and the second most with the new lighter green folder icons in the file manager.

In Mate16, I had used to have default Ubuntu Mate Cold wallpaper that I tried to get back installing old wallpapers package, but it looks like the "ubuntu mate 16 wallpapers" are missing in that and it just includes the other nature and other wallpaper photos.

Is there a way I can restore the complete theme, look and feel of Mate 16 in Mate 20?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis N
May 6th, 2020, 07:09 PM
There are fundamental differences that you can't overcome stemming from the fact that Ubuntu Mate 16.04 was based on gtk2 while 20.04 is based on gtk3, so the panel and many MATE packages have been redone. The 16.04 wallpapers are here (https://oswallpapers.com/ubuntu-mate-16-04-default-wallpapers/). These can be used in 20.04.