PDA

View Full Version : Trying to uninstall update-notifier, I uninstalled update-manager

jordboal
April 29th, 2020, 10:22 PM
I had an update-notifier pop up (emerging window) as shown on the screen capture (Captura de pantalla). I don't know how it had been activated. Finding out how to disable it, I have got to https://askubuntu.com/questions/218755/how-to-disable-the-update-manager-popup and I have run in the terminal the order apt-get remove update-notifier. Incredibly, also the update-manager has been uninstalled, removed or whatever.
My questions are:
-Will my Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS update automatically from now on or not?
-If not, how can I reinstall update-manager without update-notifier or at least disable its bothering pop ups?

Incredibly, again has appeared the bothering pop up. Look at the 2nd screen capture (2020-04-30).

Additional comments (not necessary for this thread, but I was angry)
I hope that someone wil answer me, because I asked in another thread about Brasero, SimpleBurn Xfburn..., which didn't work to burn audio CDs, and nobody answered me. Finally I found it myself, watching the codecs needed for Brasero and installing them following terminal orders seen on web pages. But after I installed them, Brasero still didn't work, but Xfburn did. So, I uninstalled Brasero and I let Xfburn installed. Indeed, in most of my previous versions of Linux (all Fedora, until I got tired to update the OS so often and I knew about Ubuntu LTS) I used GnomeBaker instead of Brasero.
This was a few weeks ago, because just a few days ago I found myself how to disable the keyring login on Chromium and Google Chrome. Probably the most specific and safest way is this: adding --password-store=basic after the line order for key shortcut (chromium-browser or google-chrome).