PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu won't load even after boot repair

sherwinchan0402
April 29th, 2020, 04:22 AM
Please help me resolve the bootloader issue that I have been having for the past few days. I am new to Ubuntu and have tried to install ubuntu on my laptop (specs below).

I am trying to dual boot both Windows 10 and Ubuntu with Windows 10 as my primary OS.

Laptop Specs: Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming Laptop
GPU: Nvidea 1050ti
CPT: i7-7Gen
Storage: 256 SSD + 1TB HDD
Ubuntu: 20.04 LTS

During my initial install, I had to use quick “quick splash acpi-off” as I was having install issues at the beginning. I used that and successfully installed ubuntu into my laptop.

However, at the end of the install I encountered the error message “grub-install /dev/sda failed” and used boot repair.

After boot repair(recommended mode and secure boot off), it showed that there was an error with the error links https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/dZzDSCz7RJ/

Currently, GRUB shows that there is Ubuntu but when I enter Ubuntu, it just freezes.

2 pictures below are the boot loader notification and my grub screen (with the live USB removed)

Ubuntu tells me to change my boot options to run Ubuntu as primary but I don't want that. I need my Windows to run as primary OS. Can I toggle secure boot back on after Ubuntu is installed?

Thanks to all who can help me

wildmanne39
April 29th, 2020, 04:25 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades for a more appropriate fit.