PDA

View Full Version : Project Idea: Ubuntu Troubleshooter

tomplast
August 26th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Hi everyone. I thought about it and I think that an troubleshooter to help people solve a wide array of problems on their own could benefit everyone. There's not really much to say about it but I thought that it could be made as a webpage first and later on integrated in Ubuntu (if successfull). What do you think?

Sorry for my bad english (no coffee this morning is one of the reaaaasons...).

nalmeth
August 26th, 2006, 10:51 AM
Ubuntu has some good docs included in the install
Go to system -> help

If you mean troubleshooting like a program that walks you thru problems, it is a good idea at heart.. Windows did this, but I never remember finding a solution that way. Maybe it's just me. Maybe it can be done properly, using the wiki, UDSF, and these forums at some point. :-k

That would be kind of cool

But what if you don't have an internet connection at boot?

And space is precious on a > 700 meg CD, more documentation means less software.

tomplast
August 26th, 2006, 11:28 AM
The troubleshooter could be made as a webpage first but later on it could get a place in the help menu perhaps :). The troubleshooter could just be a couple of thousands (for every translation ;) html files which were connected together and browsed just like the "System documentation" is now but just with a couple of radio buttons and things like that :)

I think that I will create a Wiki for this very soon :)