PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Server 20.04 install problem

tx836519
April 24th, 2020, 06:29 PM
I started using Ubuntu about 14 years ago and set up a simple home networking system. Since then, most of my equipment has died and had to be replaced. I haven't been active on the forum since first starting. I am attempting to rebuild my home network around a recently purchased Dell T320 server.

Problem: During the OS install, I was unable to determine what I needed to enter so that the computer could connect to the internet. It has two NICs. I will use one to connect to the internet to support downloads. The second port will be used to share my files with the rest of my internal network.

Current status: The install completed without a internet connection and still needs to be set up. Otherwise, the system seems to be responding correctly.

Due to being my wife's primary care giver, I have little time to 'play' with my computers. I am very rusty when working in the terminal since I have used Gnome GUI these last fourteen years.

I need a little help getting the en0 and en1 ports set up to connect to the internet and my internal network.

All input is welcome.

-- ken

tx836519
May 9th, 2020, 04:24 PM
*** Solved ***
I eventually found the correct panel in SETUP. Configured the NICs and all is working fine now. I have the latest updates and am now working to deploy my server share system.

-- ken